Ms. Valenti focuses her practice on patent matters, with an emphasis on biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Ms. Valenti has experience representing companies in all stages of patent litigation, from pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal. Representative matters include:
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., No. 1:14-cv-05878 (D.N.J.): Representing Teva in ongoing patent litigation involving its generic Abilify® (aripiprazole) product, including defeat of a motion for preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order.
- Tris Pharma, Inc. v. Actavis Laboratories FL, Inc., No. 1:14-cv-01309 (D. Del.): Representing Actavis in an ongoing patent infringement litigation filed by Tris under the Hatch-Waxman Act in response to Actavis’s filing of an abbreviated new drug application seeking approval to market a generic version of Pfizer’s ADHD product, Quillivant® (methlyphenidate).
- Genzyme Corporation, et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., et al., No. 1:13-cv-01506 (D. Del.): Representing Teva in an ongoing patent infringement litigation filed by Genzyme under the Hatch-Waxman Act in response to Teva’s filing of an abbreviated new drug application seeking approval to market a generic version of Genzyme’s stem cell mobilizing agent, Mozobil® (plerixafor).
- Intendis GmbH et al. v. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. et al., No. 1:13-cv-00421 (D. Del.): Representing Glenmark in ongoing patent infringement litigation, including trial and appeal to the Federal Circuit, filed by Intendis and Bayer based on Glenmark’s filing of an abbreviated new application seeking approval for a generic version of Bayer’s topical rosacea treatment, Finacea® (azelaic acid).
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., No. 14-1274 (Fed. Cir.): Represented Teva in its successful patent infringement appeal concerning its generic version of Sanofi's Lovenox® (enoxaparin sodium) drug product.
- Teva Branded Pharmaceutical Products R&D, Inc. et al. v. Perrigo, Inc., et al., No. 1:12-cv-01101 (D. Del.): Represented Teva Branded Pharmaceutical Products R&D, Inc. in patent litigation involving its inhaler, ProAir® HFA, the most widely prescribed albuterol sulfate metered-dose inhaler. The case was settled favorably.
Ms. Valenti is a member of the New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA). She is also a member of the Manhattan Institute’s Young Leaders Circle.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Valenti was a legislative aide for Congressman Peter T. King (NY) in the U.S. House of Representatives.