Mr. Small focuses on representing private equity firms in connection with buyouts, recapitalizations and later stage investments, as well as representing private and public companies in various acquisition, investment and financing transactions. Mr. Small also regularly represents public and private companies in corporate governance, securities law compliance, exchange act filings and other general corporate matters. He has also represented a variety of early and later stage growth companies in various industries, including healthcare, business services software, technology, investment management and clean tech. Mr. Small has advised clients in a number of international mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Mr. Small’s recent transactional experience include:
- Representing TA Associates and its portfolio company CoSentry in the sale of CoSentry to Tierpoint
- Representing All Metro Health Care Services, Inc. in its sale to One Equity Partners
- Representing Theorem Clinical Research in its sale to Chiltern
- Representing Reliant Hospital Partners in its $730 million sale to Healthsouth
- Representing Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of the IT Outsourcing business of Acxiom (NASDAQ: ACXM)
- Representing Nautic Partners and Odyssey Holdings in their acquisition of Pasadena Villa Psychiatric Residential Treatment Centers and Lifeskills South Florida
- Representing MedSolutions in its combination with CareCore National (subsequently rebranded eviCore healthcare)
- Representing TA Associates, its portfolio company Fotolia, and Fotolia’s co-founder in the $800 million sale of Fotolia to Adobe
- Representing Patheon and its management team in connection with its $1.4 billion take-private and combination with the pharmaceuticals business of DSM, led by JLL Partners and DSM
- Representing ANSYS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANSS) in acquisitions of Apache Design Software, SpaceClaim Corporation, Reaction Design Corporation, Newmerical Technologies, Gear Design Solutions and Delcross Technologies
Mr. Small is a member of the American and Boston Bar Associations.