Press Release
Awards and Rankings
December 6, 2011

Goodwin Procter Selected as One of New York City's "Best Places to Work" by Crain's New York Business

NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2011 – Goodwin Procter LLP, a national Am Law 50 firm, has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business for the third consecutive year.  Goodwin was one of 50 employers named, and one of only seven law firms selected, in the extensive survey of businesses with 25 or more employees in New York City.

Crain’s cited Goodwin’s recognition of its attorneys, the firm’s flexibility, and its efforts to foster relationships between employees in naming Goodwin to this year’s ranking.  Online survey responses from approximately 12,500 randomly chosen employees across New York City were the most critical component in the selection of companies for the list.

“We’re excited to be recognized by Crain’s for the third time in as many years,” said Albert J. Solecki, Jr., chair of Goodwin’s New York office. “Goodwin has continued to focus on providing challenging client work, professional development opportunities and family-friendly policies to help create an engaging work environment for all of our employees.”

Attorneys in Goodwin’s New York office counsel a diverse client base, ranging from entrepreneurial emerging companies to established multinationals, on sophisticated transactional work and precedent-setting litigation.  The office’s litigation practice advises clients in matters involving intellectual property, white collar crime, products liability, securities, general commercial disputes, and labor and employment issues.  Goodwin’s corporate lawyers represent clients in financing, fund and insolvency work, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity deals, and capital markets transactions in a variety of industries, including private equity, real estate capital markets, financial services, securities and corporate finance, technology and life sciences, and financial restructuring.

Scores from employees, who answered a confidential 72-question survey, were combined with scores from an 80-question survey of employers, focused on benefits and policies.  Results from the employee surveys made up 75% of the total score, with the employer surveys comprising the remaining 25%.

About Goodwin Procter

Goodwin Procter LLP is one of the nation’s leading law firms, with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. The firm provides corporate law and litigation services, with a focus on matters involving real estate, REITs and real estate capital markets; private equity; technology companies; financial services; intellectual property; products liability and mass torts; and securities litigation and white collar defense.  For additional information, visit  Follow us on Twitter @GoodwinProcter.