Muheez Afolabi is a law clerk in Goodwin’s Real Estate group and a member of the firm’s Private Investment Funds practice. Muheez's main area of practice is providing clients with guidance and representation on the formation and management of private investment funds. This involves corporate, transactional, and securities law matters, with an emphasis on the representation of managers and their private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, digital asset funds, hedge funds, and other private investment funds. He represents private investment funds and fund sponsors in all stages of fund formation and ongoing regulatory compliance. In addition to fund formation, Muheez advises private asset managers on the full spectrum of corporate matters, including governance, upper-tier structuring, succession planning, marketing, and limited-partner transfers. He also represents private funds in General Partner-led restructurings and other secondary transactions. Muheez deals regularly with issues relating to the Securities Act, the Investment Company Act, and the Advisers Act.
With an emphasis on joint ventures, restructurings, financings, acquisitions, and dispositions, Muheez also represents institutional real estate investment management organizations and real estate private equity funds in complicated commercial real estate transactions. Muheez’s application to the New York bar is pending; he is working under the supervision of the partners at Goodwin.
- Advised a public real estate investment trust in the sale of the company and its assets in a series of related all-cash transactions
- Advised a real estate investment management company in obtaining a subscription secured credit facility
- Advised a real estate investment management company in a complex multi-tiered loan restructuring
- Advised a real estate private equity fund’s acquisition and financing of multiple multifamily assets
- Advised a global asset manager in a general partner led fund restructuring
- Advised emerging asset manager’s with the fundraising of digital asset funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, and venture capital funds
Boston College Law School
Boston College Carroll School of Management
BAPolitical Science; Philosophy2016
Michigan State University