Geoffrey Anghelone is a paralegal specialist in Goodwin’s Financial Industry practice, specifically focusing on Investment Management. Mr. Anghelone has assisted attorneys on a variety of regulatory, compliance and transactional matters within the investment management field, as well as transactional and corporate matters within the private equity and private investment fund fields. He joined Goodwin in 2007.
Mr. Anghelone has extensive experience in matters related to registered investment company filings, including: annual registration statement updates and initial registration statement filings for new funds and new classes on Form N-1A; summary prospectuses; shareholder reports on Form N-CSR; quarterly reports on Form N-Q; information statements; supplements; and XBRLs. He provides assistance with Schedule 14A and Form N-14 proxy filings in connection with numerous shareholder proposals, including the election of new trustees, approval of new investment advisory and sub-advisory contracts, and approval of reorganization transactions for fund companies. He prepares Commodity Futures Trading Commission exemption notices and files the notices with the National Futures Association. Mr. Anghelone also assists with the preparation of client board-related matters, including board materials, draft resolutions, exhibits, agendas and minutes.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Anghelone was an in-house corporate paralegal for a publically traded real estate investment trust.
Mr. Anghelone contributes articles to the firm’s Financial Services Weekly News Roundup. His publications include:
- SEC Adopts Inline XBRL Filing Requirements for Open-End Investment Management Companies (2018)
- SEC Modifies Approach to Form N-PORT Filing Requirements (2017)
- The SEC’s Division of Investment Management Issues Frequently Asked Questions on Investment Company Reporting Modernization Reforms (2017)
- SEC Proposes Inline XBRL Filing Requirements (2017)
- Client Alert: SEC Adopts New Rules to Modernize and Enhance Information Reported by Registered Investment Companies (2016)