Stefania Athanassopoulou is an associate in the firm’s Private Equity group. She advises on a broad range of private equity and M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Stefania trained and qualified at the London office of another international law firm where she gained experience in M&A, private equity, antitrust, finance, and tax.
Stefania is fluent in French, Italian, and Greek.
Stefania's representative experience includes advising:
- TowerBrook Capital Partners
- on the establishment of a new real estate lending platform, Precede Capital Partners (formerly Précis), with a multi-billion pound residential development fund and the subsequent stake sale to and joint venture partnership with QuadReal Property Group
- on its acquisition of Premium Credit, a leading provider of premium finance for commercial and retail insurance products, from Cinven
- on its sale of and re-investment in Independent Clinical Services Group*
- Summit Partners on its investment in Energy Aspects, provider of energy data analysis and market intelligence
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its investment in RAW Charging, an electric vehicle charging system retailer, distributor and installer and supplier of electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Qell Acquisition Corp., a publicly listed special purpose acquisition company, on its business combination with Lilium GmbH, an electric aircraft producer
- Raptor Technologies, a portfolio company of JMI Equity, on its acquisition of CPOMS, a leading software solution for monitoring safeguarding, wellbeing and a range of child welfare issues
- Queen’s Park Equity:
- on the leveraged acquisition of Sagacity Group, a London-based IT consultancy company
- on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses*
- Mayfair Equity Partners on its sale of a majority stake in Parcel2Go, a U.K. parcel delivery marketplace and e-commerce shipping platform, to EQT Private Equity
- GHO Capital Partners on the acquisition of Ardena, a leading contract development and manufacturing organization providing early-stage drug development and manufacturing for small to mid-sized biopharma companies*
- Great Hill Partners and its portfolio company, TodayTix, in its acquisition of Encore, a London-based independent ticketing distribution network*
- Goldman Sachs on its investment in tech platform LumApps*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
University College London
- Solicitor of England and Wales