Alese Bagdol is a partner in the firm’s Private Equity group and a member of the firm’s Technology and Emerging Companies practice and fintech practice. Ms. Bagdol advises on an array of private company transactions with a particular focus on complex US and cross-border growth equity investments, venture capital financings, mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, direct secondary and private company liquidity programs, as well as general corporate matters. Ms. Bagdol has represented clients across a variety of industries, including technology, software, government contracts, healthcare, telecommunications, financial services, energy, and consumer products. She joined Goodwin in 2013.
Some of Ms. Bagdol's recent work includes:
- DST Global in its worldwide investments, including Airbnb, Acorns Grow, Auto1, Bulb, Brex, Checkout, Chime, Clubhouse, Deliveroo, Earnin, Farfetch, Flexport, Funding Circle, Go-Jek, GoStudent, GreenSky, Houzz, Instacart, Klarna, Otoy, Revolut, Robinhood Markets, Root, Snapchat, Spotify, SpotOn, Wealthsimple, Weee!, WhatsApp, and WISH
- Lone Pine Capital in more than 30 matters, including investments in Auto1, Brex, Klayvio, Outreach, Patreon, Snowflake, Sweetgreen, and Transferwise
- Sequoia Capital Global Equities in multiple growth equity investments and secondary transactions
- Various Mutual Fund Complexes with investments in U.S. and international technology companies (including through structured liquidity programs), including Coupang, Dropbox, Redfin, and Airbnb
- Workfront, a former JMI Equity, Openview, Greenspring and W Capital Partners portfolio company, as outside general counsel, including in a recapitalization transaction led by W Capital Partners and its ultimate sale to Adobe, Inc.
- JMI Equity in multiple transactions including its investments in CoreHR, ChurnZero, CipherHealth, and Employee Navigator and its acquisitions of Archibus, Serraview, and Unanet
- JMI Equity portfolio companies in exit transactions, including:
- Studer Group, Inc. in its $325 million sale to Huron Consulting Inc. (NASDAQ: HURN)
- Compusearch Inc. in its sale to ABRY Partners
- Undertone Networks Inc. in its $180 million sale to Perion Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: PERI)
- WisdomTree Investments in a variety of exchange-traded fund product development joint ventures and acquisitions, including its global product partnership with ICBC Credit Suisse, its acquisition of the sponsors of GreenHaven Continuous Commodity Index Fund and GreenHaven Coal Fund, its strategic investment in AdvisorEngine and its acquisition of Boost ETP
- Benevity, a JMI Equity portfolio company and a global leader in online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and community investment software, in its growth equity investment from General Atlantic
- Compusearch, an ABRY portfolio company, in its acquisition of FedBid, Inc. and the knowledge and learning products division of ASI
Ms. Bagdol is a member of the American Bar Association and the LA County Bar Association.
Ms. Bagdol’s pro bono/charitable organization work includes involvement with the SEEP Network, a global network of international practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems.
While attending law school, Ms. Bagdol served as articles editor of the Texas Law Review, for which she authored “Property Taxes and Community Land Trusts: A Middle Ground,” 91 Tex. L. Rev. 939 (2013).
The University of Texas School of Law
University of Michigan
- District of Columbia