Marc Bohne is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group and a member of its Real Estate Joint Ventures and Real Estate Finance practices. He focuses his practice on acquisitions and sales of real estate properties and property holding companies. Furthermore, he advises clients on a range of asset management-related issues, including letting matters. He has also considerable experience in corporate real estate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions and real estate restructurings. Marc regularly advises a wide range of international and domestic clients.
Marc’s recent experience includes representing:
- Medical Properties Trust, Inc. in its €1.6 Mrd. joint venture agreement with Primonial Group in a MPT portfolio of 71 post-acute hospitals throughout Germany (2018)
- Barings Real Estate Advisers on the acquisition of Karstadt Germany’s main logistics center for approximately €90 million (2017)
- Slate Asset Management in its acquisition of various portfolios of real estate assets (2017)
- Barings Real Estate Advisers in relation to the sale of the Frankfurt office property Astropark to TLG Immobilien (2017)
- CONREN Land on the acquisition of a Munich office property through an asset deal for the open-ended real estate special AIF “CONREN Land Büro Invest-Plus” (2017)
- WCM Beteiligungs- und Grundbesitz-AG in the acquisition of four retail shopping centers with 52,500 square meters of rental space in the aggregate (2016)
- Slate Asset Management in its acquisition and financing of 67 grocery-anchored real estate assets located throughout Germany (2016)
Marc was admitted as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in 2003. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Marc was a partner in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst LLP, where he also served on real estate steering and audit committees.
Second State Exam2002
District Court of Düsseldorf
University of Lausanne
University of Cologne
Recognition & Awards
Marc is consistently recognized as a leader in his field by preeminent, peer-reviewed publications, including JUVE Legal 500, Chambers Europe (2021), Legal 500 EMEA (2021 and 2018), Best Lawyers (2022) and Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate (2017). He was named among Germany’s Best Lawyers 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the German business journal Handelsblatt for Real Estate Law, and was ranked by JUVE in the top 16 leading real estate partners under the age of 40 in Germany. Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Asia recommended Marc for Real Estate & Construction in its 2018 and 2021 edition. Chambers Europe recognized him its in 2018 and 2020 edition as leading lawyer in the field of real estate.