Laurent Bonnet, counsel in Goodwin’s Private Equity group, focuses his practice on leveraged acquisition finance and corporate finance, representing banks, debt funds, financial sponsors, and corporate borrowers on different types of bank and bond financings.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Laurent practiced at Shearman & Sterling, and was previously a trainee in the banking and corporate departments of several leading international law firms in Paris. He was also in the Investigation and Litigation service of the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers).
Laurent is a member of the French chapter of the European Association for Banking and Finance Law (Association Européenne pour le Droit Bancaire et Financier – France).
- Access Capital Partners in the mezzanine financing of the acquisition of the Numworks group, a manufacturer of an open graphing calculator intended to facilitate numerical and mathematical calculations
- Azulis Capital in the financing of its investment in the Advans group, a Franco-Serbian group specialized in mechanical and electronic engineering
- Capza and a global investment management firm in the financing of the acquisition of Nowak, the European leader in lost wax casting, an industrial process allowing the production of precision parts in steel and stainless steel for industrial markets and the medical sector, by the Marle group
- Eurazeo in the financing of the acquisition of Tsetinis, a leading business consultancy and a champion for profitability improvement with a unique track record of benefits delivery, by EFESO Management Consultants
- Iliad and its founder Xavier Niel on the financing of its simplified public tender for Iliad shares under various credit facilities
- MyFlower, the holding company of Interflora, on the financing of the acquisition of Interflora Sweden
- RCF lenders in the financing of the acquisition of the Unither group, a European pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization, by a consortium of new and existing investors comprised of IK Partners, Keensight Capital, Parquest Capital and GIC
University of Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne
Institut d’Études Politiques
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended in Banking and Finance in the last edition of Best Lawyers France