Laurent Bonnet, counsel in Goodwin’s Private Equity group, focuses his practice on leveraged acquisition finance and corporate finance, representing banks, debt funds, financial sponsors, and corporate borrowers on different types of bank and bond financings.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Laurent practiced at Shearman & Sterling, and was previously a trainee in the banking and corporate departments of several leading international law firms in Paris. He was also in the Investigation and Litigation service of the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers).
Laurent is a member of the French chapter of the European Association for Banking and Finance Law (Association Européenne pour le Droit Bancaire et Financier – France) and is fluent in French and English.
- Capza and Barings in the granting of the unitranche financing of the acquisition of the Marle group, a manufacturer of orthopedic implants, by French family office Dentressangle
- Crédit Industriel et Commercial, Société Générale, and Bank of Ireland on the financing of the acquisition of the Grandir group, operating daycare centers, by Infravia
- Groupe Gorgé, a French robotics group, on the financing of the acquisition of Ixblue, a French group specialized in navigation, maritime autonomy and photonics for the civilian, space and defense markets
- A pool of French Banks in the granting, with certain bondholders, of a new financing of a total maximum amount of 300 million euros to the listed group Pierre & Vacances, a European resort group that develops and manages tourist residences
- Access Capital Partners in the unitranche refinancing of the 3Disc group, a privately-owned company that designs and manufactures intra-oral scanners producing 3D images
- Bank of Ireland and private debt funds managed by Alcentra in the financing of the acquisition of Troy Lee Designs, Inc. by the Shark group
- Hayfin, in the financing of the acquisition of Interflora, a flower delivery e-commerce company, by PAI Partners
- A pool of French banks in the financial restructuring of the Vallourec group (€3.5 billion of debt), a world leader in premium tubular solutions, in the framework of safeguard proceedings
- IK Investment Partners on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of the Skill & You group, a French vocational and e-learning specialist
- Iliad and its founder Xavier Niel on the financing of its simplified public tender for Iliad shares under various credit facilities
- Lion Capital on the refinancing of the Picard group, a French producer and retailer of frozen foods
- A pool of French banks on the financing of a part of the acquisition of the Photonis group, a French manufacturer of optical measuring and recording instruments, by HLD, through an innovative 1st loss / 2nd loss financing structure
MABanking and Finance Law2010
Institut d’Études Politiques
Recognition & Awards
- Ranked as Best Lawyers of the year 2022 in Banking and Finance by Best Lawyers in France 2022