David V. Cappillo is a partner in the firm’s Technology group, and co-chair of the firm’s Healthcare practice, with a primary focus on advising high-growth technology and healthcare companies. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), venture capital, growth equity and other strategic transactions, and securities laws.
David has consistently been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and has been recognized as a National Law Journal Trailblazer for his M&A practice. David has also been included in US News - Best Lawyers for his M&A and venture capital practice.
David represents growth companies in the technology and healthcare sectors, including cybersecurity, digital health, AI, fintech, climate tech, edtech, cloudtech & devops, marketing tech, sports tech, wearables, proptech and IoT. He counsels his clients on strategic capital raising activities, M&A, corporate governance, corporate finance, joint ventures, recapitalizations, and initial public offerings. Recent clients include: Ambri, Code42, edX, iSee, Panorama Education, PillPack, Reggora, Sesame Care, SVT Robotics, TrueMotion, Whoop, Workfront, and Zus Health.
David serves as a Trustee of Milton Academy, Trustee Emeritus of the Meadowbrook School, and was on the founding Advisory Board of BUILD Boston, a nonprofit helping high school students succeed in school and life.
He also speaks frequently on M&A and financing matters, and entrepreneurship, and has been a guest lecturer at the Harvard Business School, a Lawyer-in-Residence at HBS’ Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and the Harvard iLab, and a TechStars mentor.
University of Virginia School of Law
(magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Recognition & Awards
David is consistently recognized for his leadership and strategic work with clients in the technology and healthcare sectors and has been included in numerous legal rankings for his expertise. He has received accolades for his work by the following publications:
- US News - The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and Venture Capital Law in 2023;
- Chambers USA 2021-2023 for his work in Healthcare. His clients have referred to David as providing “incredible support working through strategic discussions and negotiating deal terms.";
- The Legal 500 US 2023 for his work in Healthcare: Service Providers and Technology Transactions with clients recognizing David’s strategic work with them - “David is not only a great business person and legal mind, but a true consigliere. I feel I can share anything with him and I’ll get his best and objective advice."
- National Law Journal Trailblazer for his Mergers & Acquisitions practice 2018 and 2019
- Named a Go-To Lawyer for Healthcare by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly; and
- Legal 500 U.S. for his work in Education 2022.