Andrew W. Cheng is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group and a member of the firm’s Debt Finance practice. Andrew's practice focuses on representing borrowers, private equity sponsors, financing providers and lenders in acquisition financings, pharmaceutical financings and other complex leveraged finance transactions, in both the non-distressed and distressed contexts.
Andrew’s representative matters include:
- Representation of a software company in connection with an acquisition financing consisting of a $150 million senior secured credit facility*
- Representation of various pharmaceutical companies in senior secured credit facilities and royalty financings*
- Representation of ad hoc groups of lenders in connection with various liability management financings, including priming facilities, debt exchanges and amend-and-extends*
- Representation of private equity firms in connection with acquisition financings and recapitalizations for portfolio companies*
- Representation of financial advisors and borrowers in connection with convertible note issuances and exchanges*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Andrew was a partner with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP in Los Angeles. Previously, Andrew practiced as a corporate associate with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City.
Harvard Law School
(magna cum laude)
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Recognized for his ability to handle debt financing and associated securities offerings, Andrew has been named a leading Banking & Finance lawyer by Chambers USA in 2020, 2021 and 2022. In 2023 he was recognized by Chambers USA for his work in Banking and Finance in California. He was also Recognized by the Legal 500 for Commercial Lending the same year.