Henry Coates is an associate in the Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice at Goodwin.
Henry concentrates his legal practice in representing corporate clients and high-net-worth individuals, across multiple sectors, in a wide range of high value and complex commercial disputes. He also has extensive experience in both civil fraud matters and London-seated arbitral proceedings.
Henry's representative experience includes:
- Acted for a high-net-worth individual in a c.£25m fraud claim in the Commercial Court against an English football team and its owner
- Acted on behalf of a London-based investment company in successfully securing injunctive relief in the Commercial Court, in relation to the theft and worldwide dissipation of c.£120m of assets
- Defended a global petrochemicals company in the Commercial Court against a contractual claim brought by a North Sea oil producer regarding the cost and transportation of oil
- Conducted an internal investigation in relation to fraudulent payment practices carried out by employees of a client in the gambling sector
- Defended a German maritime company in LMAA arbitration proceedings brought by its logistics provider
- Represented a US-based alcohol distributor in LCIA arbitration proceedings against its Italian producers
Areas of Practice
Prior to joining Goodwin, Henry was an associate at Addleshaw Goddard LLP’s dispute resolution team, with a focus on International Arbitration and civil fraud.
Member of Young Fraud Lawyers Association
Graduate Diploma in Law2015
University of Law Moorgate
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales