Brenn Coyle is a senior associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group and the Real Estate Joint Ventures and Real Estate Finance practices. Within those areas, Brenn’s practice typically involves structuring, negotiating, drafting and closing single-asset, portfolio and programmatic joint ventures, acquisition and disposition transactions, financing transactions (including mortgage, mezzanine and construction financings), and various other real estate related transactions. His experience includes a wide range of asset types, including industrial, office, multifamily, senior housing and assisted living, data centers, commercial and residential developments, hospitality projects, and shopping centers.
Examples of Brenn’s representative experience include:
- Representation of an institutional real estate fund in connection with several separate portfolio sales of manufactured housing communities located throughout the U.S. with an aggregate purchase price of approximately $700 million
- Representation of an institutional real estate fund in connection with the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop 6 Class A logistics buildings in Southern California, totaling approximately 4 million square feet
- Representation of an institutional real estate fund in connection with the sale of an approximately $245 million Class A office building located in Los Angeles
- Representation of a hotel owner in the acquisition and related seller-financing of an approximately $110 million boutique hotel in Phoenix, Arizona
- Representation of a lender in the acquisition and construction loan for a ground leasehold interest covering a to-be-developed industrial park in Reno, Nevada
- Representation of a lender in the acquisition loan for separate multi-family properties throughout Texas
- Representation of various start-up and early-stage companies in their leases and licenses for office, event and related business spaces
Prior to joining Goodwin, Brenn was most recently an associate at Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP in Los Angeles. During law school, Brenn received the Witkin Award in Legal Research and Writing and served as a teaching assistant for both criminal law and torts.
Brenn is a member of the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association as well as an active member of NAIOP.
JDTax Law Certificate2018
U.C. Davis School of Law
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Brenn’s publications include:
- Co-Author, “Hybrid hospitality can drive superior returns for hotel stakeholders,” React News, December 1, 2022
- Co-Author, “How Hotels Can Take Advantage of 'Hybrid Hospitality',” Hotel Management, February 2022