Nicole Daley is a partner in Goodwin’s Life Sciences group. Nicole’s practice spans the entire corporate life cycle for privately held and publicly traded companies in the life sciences industry, including startup and formation matters, corporate governance, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and collaborations, capital markets transactions, SEC reporting and disclosures, and corporate reorganizations.
Nicole’s pro bono experience includes assisting individuals in citizenship and immigration matters, volunteering with Southeast Immigrant Freedom Initiative to provide representation to immigrants detained at LaSalle Detention Facility, representing a petitioner seeking clemency through the Federal Clemency Project, and assisting veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom in applying for Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
Nicole's recent client representations include the following:
IPOs and Capital Markets Transactions
- AlloVir in its $317.7 million initial public offering, $100 million “at-the-market” offering, $126.6 million registered direct offering and $75 million follow-on public offering.
- Cerevel Therapeutics in its $350 million follow-on public offering, its $600 million public offering of common stock and concurrent private placement of 144A convertible senior notes, and its $250 million “at-the-market” offering.
- Esperion Therapeutics in its $280 million 144A offering, $250 million “at-the-market” offering, $225 million follow-on public offering, and $57 million registered direct offering.
- Karuna Therapeutics in its $100 million initial public offering, $250 million and $287.5 million follow-on public offerings, and $150 million “at-the-market” offering.
- Allena Pharmaceuticals in its $2.8 million registered direct offering and $6.2 million “at-the-market” offering.
- Bluebird bio in its $75 million private placement financing.
- Kymera Therapeutics in its $257 million follow-on public offering.
- The underwriters in connection with Krystal Biotech’s over $250 million of follow-on public offerings.
- Achilles Therapeutics (United Kingdom) in its $175.5 initial public offering.
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals in its $175 million follow-on public offering and $200 million “at-the-market” offering.
- BioDelivery Sciences International in its $60 million follow-on public offering.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in a $387.5 million follow-on public offering.
Private Company Financing Transactions
- Beta Bionics in its $63 million Series B2 financing and its $57 million Series C financing.
- Versanis Bio in its $70 million Series A financing.
- OrbiMed as co-lead investor in the $40 million Series A financing of Gennao Bio.
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals in its $135 million Series C financing.
- Imvaq Therapeutics in its $15 million Series B Preferred Stock and convertible note financing.
- Karuna Therapeutics in its $82 million Series B financing.
- Thrive Earlier Detection Corp. in its $110 million Series A financing.
Joint Ventures, M&A and Collaborations
- Versanis Bio in its acquisition by Eli Lilly and Company for up to $1.925 billion.
- Haystack Oncology in its acquisition by Quest Diagnostics for up to $450 million.
- Vaccitech plc in its acquisition of Avidea Technologies, Inc. for approximately $40 million in cash and equity, plus potential payments upon achievement of milestones.
- Plug Power in a $1.5 billion equity investment in connection with its strategic partnership with South Korea-based SK Group.
- Thrive Earlier Detection Corp. in its acquisition by Exact Sciences Corporation for up to $2.15 billion.
- Unum Therapeutics in the sale of its BOXR (Bolt-on Chimeric Receptor) technology for approximately $11.5 million.
- Unum Therapeutics in its acquisition of Kiq LLC, a privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of precision kinase inhibitors, and concurrent PIPE investment to raise $104 million.
- Avadel Legacy Pharmaceuticals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Avadel Pharmaceuticals (Ireland), in the sale of its hospital product assets for approximately $40 million.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in a $100 million equity financing closed in connection with its $2 billion strategic financing collaboration with Blackstone.
- CRISPR Therapeutics in a series of transactions by which CRISPR acquired 100% of the partnership interests of Casebia Therapeutics.
- BeiGene in its $2.7 billion share sale as part of a global strategic collaboration with Amgen.
- BlueRock Therapeutics on its agreement to be fully acquired by Bayer AG for up to $1 billion.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. on its partnership with GeneTx Biotherapeutics LLC to develop GeneTx’s GTX-102.
- Arvinas, Inc. in its collaboration with Bayer to jointly launch a new company to leverage Arvinas’ PROTAC technology for agricultural applications.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in a $400 million equity financing closed in connection with Alnylam’s collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
Nicole serves on the National Women’s Law Center’s Leadership Advisory Committee. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of March of Dimes for the Boston market and previously served as Chair of the Executive Leadership Team for March for Babies Boston. She is a contributor and editor of Big Molecule Watch, the firm’s award-winning blog that reports real-time analysis and updates on regulatory issues, litigation, legislation, and other news in the developing world of biosimilars. Nicole is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Navajo Nation Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Nicole was of counsel in the Corporate group at DLA Piper in Boston. Earlier in her career, she was an associate in the Corporate practices at DLA Piper and Squire Patton Boggs in Phoenix, and Gunderson Dettmer in Boston. Nicole also previously served as associate general counsel of a Nasdaq-listed global provider of telecom business solutions, handling corporate governance matters and Exchange Act reporting, subsidiary maintenance, litigation management, and case strategy.
Boston College Law School
Recognition & Awards
- Author, “Coherus Announces FDA Approval of CIMERLI (ranibizumab-eqrn),” Big Molecule Watch, August 2022
- Author, “Alvotech Announces Positive Results For Ustekinumab Biosimilar,” Big Molecule Watch, May 2022
- Author, “Alvotech and BiosanaPharma Enter Exclusive Global Licensing Agreement for AVT23,” Big Molecule Watch, February 2022
- Author, “Amneal Acquires Kashiv Specialty Pharmaceuticals,” Big Molecule Watch, April 2021
- Author, “Health Canada Approves Celltrion’s Infliximab Biosimilar for Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Big Molecule Watch, February 2021
- Author, “Sanofi to Acquire Kymab for up to $1.45 Billion,” Big Molecule Watch, January 2021
- Author, “Lotus and CKD Announce Biosimilar Collaboration,” Big Molecule Watch, September 2020
- Author, “Cadila Pharmaceuticals Launches Rituximab and Bevacizumab Biosimilars,” Big Molecule Watch, August 2020
- Author, “Samsung Bioepis Announces Four-Year Follow-Up Data for its Trastuzumab Biosimilar and 24-Week Interim Results from Phase 3 Trial of its Proposed Ranibizumab Biosimilar,” Big Molecule Watch, May 2020