Hayley Davis is counsel in the firm’s Business Law department and Technology and Life Sciences group. Hayley helps clients with a wide variety of technology transactional matters across all industries, specialising in drafting and negotiating agreements to buy, sell, use, license, and/or protect technology products.
Hayley acts equally for both suppliers and customers, and for a variety of clients from start-ups to global organisations, assisting clients throughout the product lifecycle, from initial conception to on-going commercialisation of products with businesses (B2B) and consumers (B2C).
Hayley has a wide range of experience within technology contracting and particularly specialises in working with technology and software in or around regulated sectors such as healthcare and life sciences, where she assists clients offering technology as health, wellbeing, sports or fitness products, or regulated medical devices.
Hayley’s technology transactional practice includes advising on a wide range of IT services agreements, technology outsourcing, systems integration, software development (agile and waterfall), licensing, and maintenance (such as SaaS, on premises, managed services, EULAs, reseller, and distribution agreements).
Prior to joining Goodwin, Hayley was on Commercial and Technology teams at top tier law firms, focusing on commercial and technology projects including digital transformation, IT services, outsourcing, procurement, commercial contracting as well as leading the firm’s digital health practice.
Hayley's recent experience includes:
- An international medical device provider in a multi-million pound global digital transformation project and end-to-end managed services for its entire online technology landscape*
- A consumer medical device provider in relation to framework master services agreement for the provision of IT and consultancy services*
- A global advertising and technology provider in connection with the development, integration, testing and provision of an end to end media management and media accounting platform from one supplier, and the licensing a media management and accounting platform from another supplier*
- A medical data and analysis provider in the procurement of IT development, systems integration, configuration and run services with various technology providers*
- One of Europe’s largest pharma companies, in various technology matters, including technology procurement projects (including SAP licensing and implementation services), digital health projects, sponsorship agreements and procuring consultancy services*
- A regulated life sciences company in the procurement of cloud regulatory compliance solutions, including quality and GxP compliance*
- A pharmaceutical company in the procurement of managed services across their global group of companies, including specialist support for pharma-specific applications and a mixture of cloud and on-premises elements*
- A consumer medical goods regarding logistics, warehousing and distribution agreements*
- A non-departmental public body of the Home Office in the renegotiation of distressed IT procurement projects with IT suppliers to design, build and run a new IT systems*
- An international health insurance provider for their network services RFP with six major telecoms suppliers*
- Various customers across different sectors for the licensing, implementation, configuration and support of software products provided by vendors such as SAP, Salesforce, Oracle and Microsoft*
- One of the top global professional services company specialising in information technology services and consulting, in a deal worth several hundred million Euros for the provision of various services towers for a major beauty retail company including: business integration, delivery, integration and maintenance of enterprise applications, digital services, business intelligence and analytics, data migration, hosting and cloud infrastructure, security services, central IT infrastructure services, global network connectivity, and general IT operational support across all towers and domains*
- A global professional services consulting company in relation to various Covid-19 projects government departments (such as the Department of Health and Social Care and NHS) worth hundreds of millions*
- An IT services and consulting provider in relation to the HMRA’s public tender for vigilance surveillance*
- An international IT services and consultancy company in relation to various national and international IT services agreement, including: a European bank’s €500 million modernisation initiative and a multi-tower master services agreement for a UK-based utilities provider for the provision of IS infrastructure, applications, service integration and security support services*
- A US-based hardware and software medical device provider on a number of projects including: in respect of the UK public procurements with the Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, regional Police and Crime Commissioner Offices and G-Cloud offering*
- An American multinational health information technology and clinical research company in relation to contracting with hospitals, platform and other service providers*
- Various HealthTech start-ups on the scope and requirements under the medical device regulations and in relation to AI diagnosis devices, wearable devices and consumer products*
- Data protection compliance, including conducting DPIAs and providing data protection advice to US-based hardware and software medical device provider in connection with various government contracts*
- A UK-based preventative healthcare AI business, in relation to distribution agreements for the resale of the platform by global insurance providers, and consumer-facing terms, agreements with practitioners and suppliers, and providing privacy advice*
- Online platforms and e-commerce providers regarding consumer law compliance including laws relating to cancellation rights for goods, services and digital content, additional payments and restrictions on unfair terms*
- A European multinational online food delivery service provider in relation to compliance with UK and EU consumer law
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Areas of Practice
Legal Practice Course2008
University of East Anglia
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales