Zachary Feldman is an associate in the firm’s Strategic Technology Transactions and Licensing practice and a member of the firm’s Technology Companies group. Mr. Feldman’s practice focuses on intellectual property, technology and licensing transactions. His experience includes technology and data transfers; software licensing and SaaS agreements; manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and supply agreements; collaboration, strategic alliance and joint development agreements; open source issues; non-disclosure, confidentiality, referral, reseller and sponsorship agreements; and due diligence and other intellectual property issues in joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and venture capital and private equity transactions. Mr. Feldman works with a broad base of start-up, venture-back and growth companies, advising these companies on protecting, licensing, acquiring and selling intellectual property.
Mr. Feldman also maintains an active pro bono practice advising small business owners on a variety of corporate governance matters through the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project and through Start Small Think Big, a nonprofit organization that supports under-resourced entrepreneurs.
Mr. Feldman’s representative experience includes advising:
- Akili Interactive Labs, Inc., a company that develops digital therapeutics to address cognitive impairments, in its business combination with Social Capital Suvretta Holdings Corp., raising over $163 million from the transaction.
- New Enterprise Associates, a global venture capital firm, in the first half of its $20 million investment in the $50 million Series C Preferred Stock financing of Pacific Light & Hologram, Inc.
- Milk Makeup, an award-winning makeup and skin care brand, in its three-way business combination with Waldencast Acquisition Corp. and Obagi Global Holdings Limited with an enterprise value of approximately $1.2 billion.
- Planet DDS, a leading provider of cloud-enabled dental software solutions and portfolio company of client Level Equity Management, LLC, in its purchase of $12 million in assets from NextGen Healthcare, Inc.
- Planet DDS in its acquisition by Aquiline Capital Partners and Level Equity Management, LLC at an enterprise value of $550 million.
- Compusoft US, LLC, a visual CPQ solutions provider, in its acquisition of all outstanding equity of Resource & Financial Management Systems, LLC for $272,200,000.
- Optimere, a leading software provider, in its acquisition by CivicPlus Holdings, LLC at an enterprise value of $475 million.
- Questa Capital Partners II, L.P., a healthcare venture growth equity firm, in its investment of $17 million in the approximately $20 million Series B financing round of Socially Determined, Inc.
- Drive by DraftKings, a multi-stage venture capital firm that invests in sportstech and entertainment, in its $2 million investment in Nextiles, Inc.
- Silversmith Management, L.P., a Boston-based growth equity firm, in its $20 million investment in the Series B financing of Higg, Inc.
- Behrman Capital, a leading private equity firm, in its add-on acquisition of Clinical Edge, LLC for approximately $27 million.
- Polyconcept North America, Inc., a company that provides promotional products across five continents to both small enterprises and global corporations, in its acquisition of all outstanding equity of Spoke Custom Products, LLC for approximately $15,800,000.
- An affiliate of our client, Bregal Sagemount, a growth-focused private capital firm, in its acquisitions of BeyondMenu LLC for approximately $190 million and qMenu, Inc. for approximately $50 million.
- Norwest Venture Partners on the sale of its portfolio company, Blue Cloud Pediatric Surgery Centers, LLC to an affiliate of TPG Global, LLC.
- Arena Technologies, Inc., a New York-based artificial intelligence company, on the closing of its $32 million Series A financing round co-led by Goldcrest Capital and Initialized Capital.
- Pear Therapeutics, Inc. in connection with its business combination with SPAC Thimble Point Acquisition Corp. in a transaction valued at approximately $1.6 billion.
- Synaptics Incorporated, a technology company that changes the way humans engage with connected devices and data, in its acquisition of DSP Group, Inc. for aggregate cash consideration of $549.1 million.
- Thrive Capital, a venture capital investment firm focused on internet and software investments, on the $75 million Series A Preferred Stock financing of Out of the Park Technologies, Inc.
- Anthos Management, an investment firm focused on growth-stage private companies, in its $40 million investment in Gretel Labs, Inc.
- Limelight Networks in its acquisition of Moov Corporation for a purchase price of $55 million.
- Mayfair Equity Partners, a leading tech and consumer growth investor, in its $41 million growth investment in eGym GmbH, a leading global fitness technology developer.
- JMI Equity Fund X, L.P. in its approximately $40 million investment in Class C Preferred Interests in Incident IQ, LLC, a service management platform built exclusively for K-12 schools.
- Emulate, Inc in its $57.5 million Series E Preferred Stock financing.
- Datavant Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition by Heracles Parent, LLC, the parent company of Ciox Health, LLC for about $1.86 billion.
- Acrylic Management LLC in its closing of its inaugural fund Acrylic I LP, a New York-based venture capital firm focused on investments in the blockchain, cryptocurrency, fintech, and enterprise software sectors.
- An American multinational investment bank and financial services company in its Series D financing of a cloud-based phone system and call center software platform that integrates with popular CRM and helpdesk tools.
- Equals Technologies, Inc., an early-stage software technology startup, in its Series Seed Preferred Stock financing.
- BeiGene Switzerland GMBH, a global, commercial-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing innovative medicines to improve treatment outcomes and access for patients worldwide, in its supply relationship with Novartis.
- Level Equity, a private investment firm specializing in growth equity and structured capital, in its Series B financing of Ready Education Inc., a leading software solutions firm focused on supporting higher education institutions to maximize engagement and increase student success.
- CNK Fund II, LP, the blockchain and cryptoasset investment arm of venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, in its Series A Preferred Stock Financing of Talos Trading, Inc., a digital asset trading company that creates building blocks to remove the barriers to wide-scale crypto adoption.
- An investment manager in its Series A financing of a digital asset trading company that creates building blocks to remove the barriers to wide-scale crypto adoption.
- Bugsnag, an enterprise software company in its sale to SmartBear Software, a provider of tools for application performance monitoring, software development, software testing, API testing and API management.
- True Ventures in its Series Seed investment in Haus Collective, building a platform for the engagement of corporate employee affinity groups.
- Ostendio, an integrated risk management platform in its Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Lead Edge Capital in its acquisition of SafeSend, a provider of technology and automation solutions for the tax and accounting professions.
- Greenleaf Health, a leading FDA regulatory consulting firm that provides strategic and technical guidance in its sale to Kinsale Holdings, a full service life science consulting firm.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Feldman was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm, where he advised clients on a broad range of intellectual property matters and commercial transactions. He worked with companies in a variety of industries, including technology, pharmaceuticals, financial services and retail.
Mr. Feldman serves as co-chair of Goodwin’s New York Pride affinity group, and previously served as chair of the LGBT Committee of the New York Women’s Bar Association. He is also a member of the National LGBT Bar Association and the LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York.
Cornell Law School
- New York
Co-author, “INSIGHT: Red Flag Language in Technology Contracts During Due Diligence,” Bloomberg Law, March 11, 2020
Author, “Suicide and Euthanasia: The International Perspective on the Right to Die,” Cornell Law Review, Vol. 104, Issue 3 (March 2019)