Catharina Förster advises a number of clients with regard to the acquisition and sale of freehold properties by way of share and asset deals and management resolutions. Her experience includes advice in relation to ownership interests (WEG) and heritable building rights, due diligence and litigation as well as drafting of property related documents, such as lease agreements, housing agreements or construction contracts.
Her experience includes:
- German institutional investors in the acquisition and sale of office and retail properties (core)
- Forward deals and project developments
- Purchase and sale of logistics real estate portfolios (share and asset deals)
- Sale-and-lease-back transactions
- Data center operators in various housing contracts
- Real estate investment funds with a focus on Europe in acquisitions and sales (also on fund level)
- Internationally active family offices in the acquisition and sale of portfolios with retail properties, retail parks and residential
- Acquisition of real estate by way of management resolution at fund level for institutional investors from Germany
- Loan-to-finance of real estate portfolios (purchase and cap-ex)
- French investors with a focus on hotel/leisure in the purchase and sale of hotels and vacation parks.
- Opportunistic investors in the purchase and sale (asset and share deals, partly also combined with loan acquisition) of various real estate portfolios
- Korean institutional investor in the acquisition of real estate in Germany and in the context of asset management
- Migration of companies from or into Germany
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Catharina has been an admitted as a Gerkman Lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) since 2015. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, she was an associate in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst LLP. She also worked for Professor Dr. Christoph A. Kern at the EBS Law School in Wiesbaden (Hesse) as a tutor and assistant for civil law and international law studies, and supported his work with regard to civil enforcement procedures.
Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
University of Mainz (Germany)
Second State Exam2014
District Court of Koblenz