Claire Haley is a senior associate in the firm's Real Estate Industry group and a member of its Real Estate Transactions and Hospitality & Leisure practices. Claire advises UK and overseas clients on all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions and disposals, development, leasing, property management, and landlord and tenant issues. Claire works on deals with direct investment in assets as well as indirect transactions through SPVs.
Claire works across all asset classes including offices, retail, student accommodation, PRS, and logistics and also is experienced in operational real estate working on holiday park and private residence deals (including sale and leaseback structures).
Claire is involved in Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative which focuses on the intersection of real estate and technology and is a member of the Urban Land Institute, a global organization that focuses on a variety of verticals within the real estate industry. Claire is also an active member of the UK Collaboration Plan for Pro Bono.
Claire’s recent matters include, amongst others, advising:
- A Global real estate investment company in its acquisition of a portfolio of 20 UK urban logistics assets totaling 1.3 million square feet, via an off-market transaction from a UK logistics specialist for $287 million
- Medical Properties Trust on the acquisition of a corporate structure which owns a portfolio of 30 acute care hospital facilities valued at approximately £1.5 billion. The acquisition is considered the UK’s largest real estate transaction of 2019
- Kennedy Wilson Europe on the £204 million acquisition of 111 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1 – a 227,000 sq. ft. landmark, Grade A building located near Victoria Station, London
- A UK holiday parks owner/operator on the ground rent sale and leaseback of a substantial portfolio of holiday parks
- A real estate investment fund on the establishment of a new UK holiday parks brand, including site acquisitions, development and financing
- Q-Park, one of Europe's leading parking service providers, on a sale and leaseback of a portfolio of 13 assets to a variety of purchasers over a period of 12 months
- Kennedy Wilson on various lettings at its flagship property at 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London
Claire is a member of the law society of England and Wales.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Claire was an associate at Allen & Overy LLP in the Real Estate Group.
Legal Practice Course2009
The College of Law, London Moorgate
Graduate Diploma in Law2008
BPP Law School
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales