Whitney V. Hammond is a senior associate in the firm’s Real Estate Industry group. Her practice focuses on the representation of private and institutional investors, owners, developers, managers, and lenders in complex real estate transactions, with an emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and financing. Her practice involves a wide range of asset types, including industrial parks, office buildings, hotels, shopping centers, apartment complexes, data centers, and land for commercial and residential development.
Whitney’s representative experience includes:
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with its disposition of a portfolio of 82-industrial buildings for $590 million across four states
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with the formation of a joint venture with a local operating partner and the acquisition by the venture of a shopping center valued at $185 million
- Representation of an institutional investor in its acquisition of more than $100 million in apartment projects located throughout the United States
- Representation of an institutional lender in the origination of a multimillion-dollar loan made in connection with the acquisition of a sports venue located in Inglewood, California
- Representation of a publicly traded data center operator in the acquisition and disposition of data centers located throughout the United States, including an acquisition of a data center portfolio for $3.6 billion
Prior to joining Goodwin, Whitney was most recently an associate at Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky, and Popeo in Los Angeles.
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
(Order of the Coif)
- District of Columbia
Recognition & Awards
Whitney has been recognized for her work in Real Estate Law by Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Stars (2023 and 2022) and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021).