Florian Hirschmann is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group. His practice focuses on advising domestic and international private equity and strategic investors in complex national and cross border leveraged buy-outs, growth equity, debt investments, M&A transactions and joint ventures.
Florian is widely regarded for his expertise advising on complex transactions with Chinese angles. He and his Sino-German team possess extensive experience representing clients in China-related matters such as Chinese investors investing in the German speaking markets and German entities realizing joint ventures in China or M&A transactions with Chinese counterparts.
Due to his accomplishments, Florian has been constantly listed as highly recommended lawyer for both Private Equity and M&A work in prominent law journal such as JUVE Handbook, which also honored him as a market leader for Chinese deals in Germany.
Florian’s representative experience includes advising:
- Saale-Krankenhaus Calbe GmbH, the German subsidiary of the Medicover Group (LSE: 0RPS, Stockholm Stock Exchange: MCOVBS)(“Medicover”), in its acquisition of 80 percent shares in DDent MVZ GmbH (“DDent”) from the sole shareholder and CEO Dr. Nicol Dudek based on an enterprise evaluation of approximately EUR 20,000,000
- Beyond Capital on the acquisition of Soft & Cloud AG
- European Sustainable Growth Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: EUSG), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its de-SPAC with ADS-TEC Energy GmbH, a global leader in battery-buffered ultrafast charging technology, for a business combination to form ADS-TEC Energy PLC*
- Beyond Capital Partners GmbH (BCP) on the acquisition of Wiethe Content GmbH & Co. KG (Wiethe Content) by Beyond Capital Partners Fund II GmbH & Co. KG (indirectly through an acquisition vehicle, BCP Digital Branding GmbH) *
- GlobalData plc, the leading provider of industry intelligence, on its acquisition of both LMCA Holdings Limited and LMCI Holdings Limited, which provide data, analytics, and insights of the automotive and agribusiness markets respectively*
- European Sustainable Growth Acquisition Corp. (EUSG), a publicly traded special acquisition vehicle (SPAC), on its acquisition of ADS-TEC Energy GmbH, a global leader in battery-buffered ultrafast charging technology*
- SITIZN Group Holding AG on the establishment of an equity joint venture with SMS group GmbH*
- ASC Investment S.à r.l on the acquisition of all shares in Canon Business Services Deutschland GmbH and in Canon Deutschland University Services GmbH from Canon Deutschland GmbH*
- Greenstorm Mobility GmbH in relation to a debt investment by the London-based private equity house Bregal Milestone L.P., and the simultaneous restructuring of Greenstorm Group*
- A multi-seller consortium led by venture capital investor MIG Fonds on the sale of Siltectra GmbH to Infineon Technologies AG*
- ASC Investment S.à r.l on the acquisition of all shares in the VITRABLOK Group from the Seves Group, a portfolio group of Triton III Funds, as well as on the financing of the transaction*
- Perusa Partners Fund 2, L. P., advised by independent Perusa GmbH, on the acquisition of a 51% majority shares in MBN GmbH ("MBN-PROLED")*
- Perusa Partners on the acquisition of all shares of Huwest Holding B.V. *
- Beijing BDStar Navigation Co., Ltd on acquisition of majority of the shares in in-tech GmbH from F & W Holding GmbH*
- Beyond Capital Partners Fund I on acquisition of majority of the shares in EBERTLANG Distribution GmbH*
- American PE PPC Enterprise (public pension capital) on acquisition of Serenata IntraWare GmbH*
- KKR portfolio company Webhelp S.A. on acquisition of 100% shares in Ocon Office Concept GmbH*
- Doctena S.A. on acquisition of 100% shares in Doxter GmbH*
- Rantum Capital and Proventus Capital on mezzanine financing of an asset deal by owner-operated pharmaceutical company Chelapharm GmbH*
- Beyond Capital Partners on the participation in the leading lighting specialist LDBS Lichtdienst GmbH as well as on the majority participation in sysob IT-Unternehmensgruppe GmbH & Co. KG*
- China Development Bank PE on corporate work in relation to portfolio companies*
- Mobile Ventures (Venture capital company of Drillisch AG) on a bridge-financing arrangement for PipesBox*
- the Japanese subsidiary of the international automotive supplier Knorr-Bremse AG on the acquisition of the business unit On-Highway-Commercial-Vehicle from Bosch Japan*
- Base Oil Supply Ltd., a subsidiary of Gulf Oil International Ltd. of the Hinduja Group on the acquisition of net-m privatbank 1891 AG*
- Worldline S.A., a subsidiary of Atos SE Group on the planned strategic merger with Equens SE*
- Shenyang Machine Tool (Group) Co., Ltd. on restructuring of a German portfolio company*
- Wipro Limited on the acquisitions of Designit A/S and cellent AG*
- Althoff Beratungs- und Betreuungsgesellschaft mbH (Althoff Hotels) on the joint venture with Keystone Lodging Holdings Limited (Jinjiang Group/Carlyle) in the Greater Asia region*
- Omega Pharma Invest N.V. and its parent company Perrigo Company plc on the acquisition of Naturwohl Pharma GmbH*
- Ningbo Menovo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd on intended acquisition of Fair-Med Healthcare AG*
- Lloyds Development Capital (Holdings) Limited, Private Equity on the Secondary buy-out of Synexus Clinical Research from Lyceum Capital (EUR 113 m)*
- Pro7Sat1Media AG on the acquisition of Sonoma Internet GmbH (Amorelie)*
- Han's Laser Technology Industry Group Co., Ltd. on the intended acquisition of a German automation company*
- Crawford Pharma on the joint venture with Oped AG for the DACH market*
- Shanghai Aerospace on the intended acquisition of an EUR 1 bn target in the automotive business*
- Deutsches Haus Vietnam Ltd. on the joint venture for construction of Deutsches Haus in Ho Chi-Minh City, Vietnam (EUR 150 m)*
- the shareholders on the disposal of Tricontes GmbH to Capita International, Ltd.*
- H.I.G. European Capital Partners on the disposal of Anvis Group to Tokai Rubber Industries, Ltd.*
- Zhejiang Sanhua Co., Ltd. on the acquisition of AWECO Group with operations in Germany, Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Mexico and China*
- Samsung Electronics on the acquisition of Sonoace*
- A major private equity investor on the intended acquisition of Siemens Water Technologies*
- Lieferando on a joint venture project in Brazil with Mountain Partners*
- Perusa Partners on the intended acquisition of Foundry Group*
- H2 Equity Partners on the intended acquisition of Reifen Gundlach GmbH*
- Quantum Technology Group (Hong Kong) on the joint venture with an Austrian stock corporation*
- Daimler AG on the establishment of a 50:50 joint venture with Robert Bosch GmbH for the joint development, production and distribution of traction motors for electric vehicles*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining to Goodwin, Florian was most recently a partner with Reed Smith LLP. Previously, he served as a partner with DLA Piper and White & Case.
Florian is a currently member of the Board of Advisors for Beyond Capital Partners and Cannonball Capital.
Second Legal State Exam2005
Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main
First Legal State Exam2001
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe Universität Frankfurt
Business Management Certificate (Industriekaufmann)1996
Frankfurt Business School
Recognition & Awards
- PLATOW Legal + Finance, Interview: "Wie verändern sich Private-Equity-Deals in Krisenzeiten, Herr Schinköth und Herr Hirschmann?" (How do private equity deals change in times of crisis, Mr. Schinköth and Mr. Hirschmann?), 31 May 2022.
- January 2018 "Effects on the Transaction Practice of the 9th Provision on Changing the AWV"
FYB Financial YearBook Germany/EU, Page 32-41, 2017/2018.
- 9 April 2016 "Private Equity aus China auf dem Vormarsch"
Börsen-Zeitung, Page 9.
- January 2016 "Warranty & Indemnity Insurance – Closing a Gap"
FYB Financial YearBook, Pages 62-71, 2015/2016.
- January 2015 "IPO in China - Golden Exit for Private Equity"
FYB Financial YearBook, Pages 48-58, 2014/2015.
- 1 October 2014 "Order of the German Federal Supreme Court strengthens legal uncertainty"
BGH-Rechtsprechung zementiert Rechtsunsicherheit') PLATOW Recht, ed. 112, October 2014.
- January 2014 "Chinese Investments in Germany and the Particularities within the Chinese System of Approval for Outbound Investments"
FYB Financial YearBook, Pages 80-96, 2013/2014.