Tony Horspool is a Counsel in the Private Equity group at Goodwin. His practice focuses on special situations and restructurings. He has advised stakeholders on many of the most significant restructurings of the last thirty years, both in the UK and in all major EU and common law jurisdictions.
Mr. Horspool’s experience includes:
- Advising creditors, investors, debtors, officeholders, directors and shareholders, including credit funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, investment banks, asset managers, portfolio companies and accountancy firms.
- Advising on restructurings, insolvencies, financings, distressed M&A, portfolio acquisitions and litigation.
- Providing advice in the context of financial structures involving senior and junior leveraged bank debt, high yield bonds, securitisations, direct and rescue lending, and equity.
- Covering jurisdictions including France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Hong Kong, Cayman, Bermuda, BVI and South Africa.
- Practicing in a variety of sectors including real estate, gaming, retail, oil and gas, care homes, hospitals, housebuilders, manufacturers, investment banks and insurance.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Horspool spent 15 years as a partner at Cadwalader, Weil Gotshal, Ropes & Gray and Brown Rudnick.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Horspool was recognized for excellence in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom.