Jamie Hutchinson is a partner in the firm’s Private Equity Group and has served on the firm’s Executive Committee and the Partnership Committee.
Jamie's practice involves a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including representation of private equity and growth equity funds and their portfolio companies, family offices, and other institutional investors in leveraged buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and growth equity investments.
In addition to his extensive representation of private equity sponsors and growth equity investors in their direct investments into private companies, Jamie has considerable expertise in structuring and executing secondary transactions and private tender offers for late-stage private companies. He represents clients in a variety of industries, including technology, software, financial services, media, business services, healthcare, education, consumer products, and energy.
Jamie's work includes representing:
- DST Global in its growth equity investments in Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Twitter, Alibaba, Box, Arista, Spotify, Funding Circle, Houzz, WISH, Zalando, Farfetch, Klarna, Airbnb, Otoy, WhatsApp, Auto1, Greensky, Deliveroo, Nubank, Go-Jek, Snapchat, Chime, Earnin, DoorDash, Revolut, Stripe, Brex, Robinhood, LendingClub, DraftKings, and Checkout
- Various Mutual Fund complexes with primary and secondary investments in late stage private companies including Facebook, Twitter, Coupang, Dropbox, Airbnb, Redfin, Alibaba, Allbirds, Gitlab, Byju, Canva, Stripe, Gusto, SoFi, Trumid, Rappi, Uber and Ant Financial
- Premiere global technology investors in primary and secondary transactions including Accel, Benchmark, Blackrock, Durable, General Atlantic, JMI, Lightspeed, Motive, Ribbit, Sequoia, Thrive and Vy
- Leading middle market buyout funds including GEF Capital, The Halifax Group, Juggernaut Capital Partners, Novo Holdings, Ridge Capital and TZP in buyouts across a variety of industries
- WisdomTree Investments Inc. with a variety exchange traded fund product development joint ventures and the acquisition of Boost ETP and ETF Securities
- Various sell-side representations including the sale of Crucial Security, Inc. to Harris Corporation; Watkins & Shepard Trucking, Inc. to Schneider National Carriers, Inc.; Rock River Environmental Services, Inc. to Waste Connections, Inc.; Human Arc Corporation to Centauri Health Solutions LLC; and Greenleaf Health to Validant
Jamie currently serves as an officer of The Breakthrough Prize Foundation. The Breakthrough Prizes honor important achievements in the categories of Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences, and Mathematics. The prizes were founded by Yuri and Julia Milner, Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and the Brin/Wojcicki Foundation.
Jamie has authored articles for Bloomberg BNA, Venture Beat, the PE Hub and the Venture Capital Journal on issues surrounding private liquidity programs and secondary transfers in private company stock. Jamie speaks regularly on finance and mergers and acquisitions for various events and organizations, including the American Management Association.
University of Pennsylvania
- District of Columbia
Recognition & Awards
Jamie has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Legal 500.
Jamie was recognized by the American Lawyer in its 2012 “Dealmakers of the Year” edition for his work on private liquidity transactions in companies such as Facebook, Zynga, and Twitter.