Amy Johnson is a partner in the firm’s Private Equity group and a member of the Private Investment Funds practice. She is also member of Women@Goodwin. Ms. Johnson’s practice focuses on all aspects of the formation, operation and ongoing maintenance of private investment funds, including private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, co-investments, fund-of-funds, secondaries and other investment advisory businesses in the United States and internationally.
Ms. Johnson advises clients on both their formation and fundraising activities, as well as their ongoing operational affairs, including regulatory compliance, investor relations, governance, investment personnel matters and administrative considerations. She has significant experience working with funds operating and raising capital in different geographies, including the United States/North America, Europe and Latin America. She advises a range of clients across the fundraising spectrum, from some of the most well-known multi-billion dollar global investment firms to much smaller firms.
Prior to rejoining Goodwin in 2018, Ms. Johnson was an associate in Kirkland & Ellis LLP’s Investment Funds group, where she was involved in advising clients in fund formation. Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis, Ms. Johnson was an associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Capital Markets group.
Ms. Johnson’s experience includes representing:
- Advent International Corporation, one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors, in the formation of private equity, technology-focused and Latin American-focused funds
- One of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors, in the formation of private equity, technology-focused and Latin American-focused funds
- TA Associates, a global growth private equity firm, in the formation of multi-billion dollar growth private equity funds
- Charlesbank, a private equity firm with a middle-market focus, in the formation of multi-billion dollar private equity funds
- An asset manager in regulatory and fund formation matters relating to open-end real estate focused fund-of-funds
- A venture capital firm in the formation and ongoing management of multi-million dollar venture capital funds
- An asset manager in the formation of a fund specializing in cannabis and real estate investments
- An asset manager of multi-billion dollar open-end real estate funds through restructuring, fundraising and investor negotiations
During law school, Ms. Johnson served as a junior intern to the Honorable Joseph F. Bianco in the Eastern District of New York.
While attending law school, Ms. Johnson was an editor of the Journal of Law and Policy.
Brooklyn Law School
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Honorable Joseph F. Bianco
- New York