Ms. Josselyn helps clients analyze complex issues associated with foreign investment in the United States. She has counseled hundreds of clients — both U.S. companies and non-U.S. investors — on matters relating to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), including diligence, counseling, negotiation of transactions, and engagement with CFIUS to resolve national security concerns. Ms. Josselyn’s deep experience includes the successful navigation of the CFIUS review process for transactions in the aerospace, biotechnology/life sciences, telecommunications, semiconductor/electronics, robotics, software/data processing, electric power/renewable energy, hospitality, real estate, and transportation/logistics industries.
Ms. Josselyn also advises U.S. and non-U.S. clients on compliance with global trade-related regulatory regimes, including U.S. export controls under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); U.S. sanctions and embargoes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); and the anti-bribery/anti-corruption requirements of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She also has experience in counseling clients — particularly small start-up companies — on the regulatory and contractual requirements applicable to U.S. government contracts, grants, and other agreements under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and related provisions.
- Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of a controlling equity stake in Clearwave Parent, Inc. at an enterprise value of $300 million
Areas of Practice
George Mason University School of Law
M.A., Security Studies
B.S., Political Science
Florida State University
Florida State University
U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Honorable Charles F. Lettow
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Josselyn has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for her work in Government Relations Practice 2022.
Ms. Josselyn was included in the inaugural Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” for 2021 in the Government Relations Practice area.
- U.S. Department of Commerce Imposes Immediate Export Controls on Artificial Intelligence Software Used to Automatically Detect and Identify Objects Remotely, The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law, Vol. 3, No. 4 (July-August 2020).
- The CFIUS “White List” Class of 2020: Potential Takeaways for Japan, Kokusai Shoji Homu (International Business Law and Practice), Vol. 48, No. 9 (2020).
- National Security at All Costs: Why the CFIUS Review Process May Have Overreached Its Purpose, George Mason Law Review, Vol. 21, No. 5 (2014).