Kourtney Kinsel is an associate in the firm’s Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Her practice is focused on commercial disputes, securities litigation, government enforcement actions, and internal investigations and includes representation of clients across a wide array of traditional and emerging industries.
In addition to her billable work, Kourtney is passionate about pro bono work and has represented clients in criminal and immigration matters, as well as in drafting policy-based amicus briefs.
Kourtney has represented a variety of clients in complex civil litigation, investigatory, and regulatory matters involving contracts, securities, breach of fiduciary duty, and other matters.
Kourtney’s representative matters include:
- Conducted independent investigations for diverse client set, including boards of directors of two separate energy utility companies in connection with alleged mismanagement and board of top university in connection with admissions practices*
- Defended public and private energy companies in wide range of pre-litigation, litigation, investigation, and enforcement matters, including defense of board of directors of major utility against multiple allegations of breach of fiduciary duty*
- Defended individuals and companies in connection with investigation and enforcement actions by the SEC, specializing in representation involving emerging industries
- Defended companies against alleged violations of the securities laws, including defense of large social media company in securities litigation spanning discovery to eve-of-trial settlement*
- Defended life sciences start-up in litigation alleging misrepresentation in connection to cryptocurrency-based fundraising
- Represented wide array of companies in pre-litigation dispute resolution
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Vanderbilt University Law School
University of Connecticut
Texas Christian University
(summa cum laude)
- Co-Author, “California Supreme Court Review: August 2023,” Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal, August 30, 2023
- Co-Author, “California Supreme Court Review: June 2023,” Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal, July 18, 2023
- Co-Author, “California Supreme Court Review: October 2022,” Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal, November 30, 2022
- Co-Author, “Treble damages among a handful of recent important decisions,” Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal, September 8, 2022