Ryan LaForce is a partner in the firm’s Private Equity and Technology groups. Her practice focuses on advising private equity, growth capital and venture capital investors, public and emerging companies and entrepreneurs in complex financial and strategic transactions. Ms. LaForce was a practicing attorney at Goodwin from 2007-2011 and rejoined the firm in 2014 after serving as Assistant General Counsel of Bain Capital, LLC, an alternative asset firm with over $70 billion AUM, for two and half years.
Ms. LaForce has advised clients including technology-focused growth capital and buyout sponsors; many of the largest financial services firms in connection with consortium transactions, strategic investments and M&A transactions; emerging Fintech companies; and emerging companies and entrepreneurs in growth equity financings. In addition, Ms. LaForce serves as principal outside or general counsel to various companies – providing day-to-day corporate counseling and strategic advice.
- Nerdy Inc. (NYSE: NRDY) in connection with its business combination with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- Accel Partners, Bessemer, Declaration Partners and Senator Investment Group in connection with various growth equity transactions
- Symphony Communication Services, LLC in connection with equity financings, strategic transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Capitolis, Inc. in connection with equity financings, strategic transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- FIA Tech in connection with its $44 million equity financing from ten global clearing firms and with ongoing corporate matters
- Goldman Sachs in connection with various M&A and financing transactions
- Various start-up companies across various industries, including FinTech, consumer brands and the food and beverage industry in connection with their Seed and Series A financings
- Kensho Technologies in its $50 million Series B financing, commercial transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Lon (Bread) in its Series B financing
- P2 Science in its $10 million Series B financing
- PillPack in connection with equity financings, commercial debt transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Momofuku in connection with equity financings, joint venture and strategic transactions and ongoing corporate matters
University of North Carolina School of Law
- New York