Julia Lee is a counsel in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group. Ms. Lee’s legal practice involves extensive experience in advising on a variety of complex commercial real estate and corporate transactions, including mortgage, construction and mezzanine financings, acquisitions and dispositions, development projects, joint ventures, loan acquisitions and sales, and leases, involving all asset classes, including commercial office buildings, hotels, multi-family residential and mixed-use properties, retail properties and industrial properties.
While attending law school, Ms. Lee was the Recent Developments Editor for the Asian American Law Journal. She received the American Jurisprudence Award for Trusts and Estates. Currently, she serves as a member of Goodwin’s Women’s Initiative as well as Goodwin’s Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity.
Ms. Lee counsels a broad client base including private and institutional investors, developers, private equity funds, pension fund advisers, real estate operators and insurance companies on a variety of commercial real estate transactions. Her representative experience includes advising on:
- Acquisition and construction financings for developments of various multi-family, mixed-use, hotel, office, retail and industrial projects across the United States
- Development joint ventures to develop multi-family residential, senior housing, office, hotel, industrial, retail and other mixed-use projects across the United States
- Acquisitions and dispositions of billions of dollars of assets throughout the United States
- Mortgage financings and re-financings for all asset types (including large portfolio transactions and mezzanine financings)
- Loan and joint venture restructurings and workouts
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
University of California, Los Angeles