Molly L. Leiwant is an associate in Goodwin’s Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Financial Industry Litigation practices, primarily focusing her practice on the litigation of commercial and corporate disputes, with an emphasis on securities and shareholder litigations, corporate governance matters and other complex business disputes. Ms. Leiwant also has an extensive pro bono practice, including representing children in immigration proceedings through Kids In Need of Defense (“KIND”).
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2019, Ms. Leiwant was a litigation associate at Paul Hastings LLP.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company and its officers and directors in a securities class action in the District of New Jersey, and related derivative shareholder litigation relating to the marketing of a fentanyl-based pain medication.*
- Representation of a manufacturing holding company in litigation in the New York Supreme Court relating to allegations that it aided and abetted the breach of fiduciary duties of the directors of a company that was a major customer. The case was resolved by the plaintiff agreeing to withdraw all claims without any compensation.*
- Representation of a major energy delivery company in litigation before the Delaware Chancery Court regarding a challenge to pipeline asset purchase.*
- Representation of a financial institution in a suit in the New York Supreme Court relating to its investment in a financial research and analytics company, and alleged breach of contract to promote the company’s products, which resulted in summary judgment dismissing all claims.*
- Representation of a bank holding company and its officers and directors in a securities class action and related derivative actions relating to tax liabilities allegedly owed to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.*
*Experience prior to joining Goodwin.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Leiwant has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for her work in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation 2022.
Ms. Leiwant was named to The Best Lawyers in America 2021: Ones to Watch.
- “Supreme Court Rules That Securities Act Claims Can Be Brought in State Court,” Bloomberg Law (March 30, 2018)