Thomas Levato is a partner in Goodwin’s nationally recognized Life Sciences and Technology groups. He has extensive experience representing investment banks, issuers and investors in capital markets transactions, including IPOs, follow-on public offerings, rights offerings and private placements of equity, equity-linked and debt securities. His practice covers a wide range of industries including life sciences, technology, cannabis, energy, climate tech, industrials, casino/gaming, media and retail/consumer goods.
Mr. Levato is a market leader in alternative financing transactions, including Confidentially Marketed Public Offerings (CMPOs), Registered Direct Offerings (RDs), Private Investments in Public Equity (PIPEs) and At-the-Market Offerings (ATMs). Goodwin is consistently ranked as one of the most active law firms in the United States advising on these transactions.
Mr. Levato advises life sciences companies as general outside counsel on a variety of transactions. He also routinely counsels clients on corporate governance matters and SEC compliance.
Mr. Levato's experience includes executing capital markets transactions involving foreign issuers domiciled throughout Europe and in the United Kingdom, Canada and Israel.
A representative list of Mr. Levato’s recent life sciences capital markets transactions is set forth below:
- Merrill Lynch, Leerink and Stifel in a $312.0 million follow-on public offering for Zogenix, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley, Cowen and Jefferies in a $276.0 million follow-on public offering for Immunomedics, Inc.
- Merrill Lynch and Cowen in the $35.6 million U.S. IPO for TiGenix NV.
- Leerink and Cowen in the $60.0 million IPO for Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc.
- Stifel and Piper Jaffray in the $66.0 million IPO for Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Piper Jaffray and Stifel in the $58.5 million U.S. IPO for Innocoll AG.
- Stifel and JMP Securities in the $45.0 million IPO for Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Roth Capital Partners in a €13.0 million U.S. private placement for Oryzon Genomics, S.A.
- J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley in an $87.1 million follow-on public offering for NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Leerink and Cowen in a $47.6 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Trillium Therapeutics Inc.
- Leerink and RBC Capital Markets in a $151.8 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Stifel in a $35.0 million U.S. private placement for Strongbridge Biopharma plc
- Medicrea International in a €20.0 million U.S. private placement
- Canaccord Genuity and JMP Securities in a $17.5 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Summit Therapeutics plc.
- Canaccord Genuity in a $37.4 million U.S. follow-on public offering and concurrent $32.7 million U.S. private placement for Neovasc Inc.
- Leerink and Cantor Fitzgerald in a $150.5 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Jefferies in a $63.0 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Compugen Ltd.
- BMO Capital Markets and Canaccord Genuity in a $42.7 million U.S follow-on public offering for VBI Vaccines Inc.
- Canaccord Genuity in a $50.3 million U.S. follow-on public offering for Novadaq Technologies Inc.
The George Washington University Law School
- New York