Alexandra Kelly Lewis is a partner in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Real Estate Industry group. Ms. Lewis represents clients in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including complex joint ventures, senior, construction and mezzanine financings (for both lenders and borrowers), and asset-level and entity-level acquisitions and dispositions. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Ms. Lewis was an associate at Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York.
Ms. Lewis is also a member of Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative, which is focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across the two practice areas.
Ms. Lewis’ recent experience includes representing:
- A real estate debt fund in the origination of a $275 million construction loan structured as mortgage, senior mezz and junior mezz and structured by a residential condominium project in Philadelphia, PA. Ms. Lewis subsequently represented the debt fund in a note-on-note financing secured by the construction loan.
- A real estate debt fund in the purchase of a $50 million mezzanine loan secured by condominium units in two residential buildings located in Southern Florida.
- A private real estate investment firm in the sale of two mixed-use office buildings in Waltham, MA, including corporate and laboratory spaces, for a purchase price of $71 million.
- A joint venture between a private real estate investment firm and real estate development company in connection with a $117 million construction loan financing a mixed-use development project in the Seaport District in Boston, MA.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment manager and owner/operator in a $245 million acquisition of LLC interests in a REIT owning an office and retail building in New York City.
- A publicly traded REIT in the sale of a majority interest in five Manhattan apartment communities with an aggregate asset value of more than $700 million through a joint venture transaction with a real estate investment advisor acting on behalf of a public pension fund.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment manager and its joint venture in a $363+ million portfolio financing secured by six multifamily properties located across the country.
- An asset management firm and publicly traded REIT in connection with a $185 million leasehold mortgage loan secured by a ground leasehold interest in a portfolio of 52 office properties.
- A nationally recognized investment manager in the formation of a joint venture to develop a multifamily project in Revere Beach, Boston, and a $44 million construction loan secured by the project.
- A publicly traded REIT in the refinancing of 16 individual, nonrecourse mortgages secured by Class A retail properties totaling approximately $663 million from four different lenders (both CMBS and life insurance companies).
- A nationally recognized real estate investment manager in the sale of a portfolio of multifamily buildings located across the southeast.
Ms. Lewis is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.
Columbia Law School
- New York
Recognition & Awards
While attending law school, Ms. Lewis was a Senior Editor of the American Review of International Arbitration.