Eric Lim is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group. He is a seasoned corporate transactions and structuring lawyer specializing in complex domestic and cross-border real estate matters, including M&A and joint ventures; formation of, and investments into, private funds or co-investment platforms; and bespoke asset management arrangements.
Eric actively advises both users and providers of capital in the real estate space. He regularly works with real estate private equity funds and asset managers, operating partners, multi-managers, and institutional investors. Eric has notable experience working with sovereign wealth funds and other overseas investors entering the UK and European real estate markets.
Eric’s representative experience includes advising:
Representative UK experience
- The Townsend Group on its joint venture with Argo Real Estate to acquire and redevelop Baltic Exchange, a Grade-II listed central London office building*
- Mapletree on its acquisition from Vita Group of a portfolio of purpose-built student accommodation assets in England for GBP 165 million*
- The consortium of DPK, Sun Hung Kai and Macquarie Capital on their GBP 110 million acquisition of 17 Columbus Courtyard, an office building in Canary Wharf London
- LabTech on the GBP 245 million sale of the Holborn Links Estate to a consortium led by Cording Real Estate and Tristan Capital Partners*
- Mapletree on the GBP 560 million acquisition of Green Park, a business park in Reading*
- Spring REIT (a Hong Kong-listed REIT) on the first acquisition transaction, comprising a portfolio of 84 commercial properties in England and Scotland*
Representative cross-border / pan-European experience
- Vega, a Spanish logistics operator, on its venture alongside AEW Europe, Teacher Retirement System of Texas and Migdal Group for the creation of a EUR 150 million platform to invest into last-mile Spanish logistics assets*
- The Townsend Group on its anchor investment in Crossbay, a EUR 550 million European logistics platform managed by MARK*
- A private equity real estate fund on the joint venture structuring, acquisition and post-acquisition management of a portfolio of 4 Swiss mountain resort hotels*
- A German real estate company on the EUR 900 million acquisition from a global private equity real estate manager of leisure real estate assets in Benelux and Germany*
- Goldman Sachs on the EUR 112 million acquisition from Befimmo of Blue Tower, a trophy office building in Brussels*
- An Asian government-linked investment company on the acquisition of a portfolio of logistics assets located in Poland, Germany and the United States, with a total deal value in excess of USD 900 million*
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on its acquisition of prime commercial and retail real estate portfolio in Budapest, and the related consortium arrangements*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Eric was most recently with Baker McKenzie’s Private Equity and Funds team in London, specializing in real estate transactions. He also spent several years with Baker McKenzie’s Hong Kong office. Eric began his legal career with Dentons Rodyk in Singapore.
National University of Singapore
- England & Wales
- Hong Kong