Wei Yang Lim is an associate in Goodwin’s Private Investment Funds group. Wei advises managers on the establishment, operation, and regulatory matters of a wide range of funds, structured investments, and joint ventures. He also advises investors on their fund investments across Asia and globally.
Wei started his career as a public prosecutor with the Singapore Attorney General’s Chambers, and prior to joining Goodwin was part of CMS’ Funds and Indirect Real Estate Practice in Singapore.
- Makers Fund on the establishment and closing of Makers Fund III, a $500m VC fund focused on interactive entertainment, established as a Singapore variable capital company (VCC), which is one of the largest VCC funds ever launched*
- Play Ventures on the establishment and closing of Play Ventures Fund II, a $175m VC fund focused on the global gaming sector, established as a Singapore VCC*
- Play Ventures on the establishment and closing of Play Future Fund, an $80m Web3 VC fund focused on blockchain-driven investments and digital assets in the online gaming sector*
- Play Ventures on the establishment and closing of the Play Ventures Opportunity Fund, a $125m VC fund established to participate in later stage follow-on opportunities originated via Play Venture’s three early stage VC funds*
- LaSalle Investment Management on multiple real estate fund investments, club deals and secondary transactions across the APAC region*
- Abrdn on multiple fund investments into APAC and European real estate funds*
- Aldar Properties on multiple proptech VC fund investments, covering APAC, European, and US fund strategies*
* Denotes experience before joining Goodwin.
National University of Singapore
(First Class Honours)