Mark Lochiatto is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Capital Markets group. Mr. Lochiatto’s clients include investment managers, REITs, insurance companies and other institutional investors and other owners and operators of real estate in transactions involving a variety of asset classes throughout the United States, including retail, multifamily, senior living and hotels. His practice focuses on structuring and implementing complex commercial real estate transactions involving joint ventures and debt financings as well as acquisitions, sales, development and leasing.
Mr. Lochiatto recently represented:
- A publicly traded REIT in a joint venture with a foreign investor with $499 million of capital commitments to develop mixed-use projects with retail and residential components in Florida and Virginia.
- An insurance company in a programmatic joint venture with $200 million of capital commitments for the acquisition and redevelopment of existing shopping centers and development of new centers in the southeastern United States.
- An institutional investor in a joint venture transaction with a developer for the acquisition and development of five memory care assisted living facilities in Michigan and Ohio with a total project cost of $137 million.
- An operator in six joint venture transactions where the operator partnered with a capital investor and a developer for the acquisition and development of five memory care assisted living facilities and one independent living facility in Massachusetts and Connecticut with an aggregate project cost of $160 million.
- An existing owner/operator in the recapitalization of three existing senior housing facilities for $150 million.
- An owner/operator in the sale and leaseback of eight skilled nursing facilities and five assisted living facilities located in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for total consideration of $117 million.
- An owner/operator in connection with the recapitalization of a hotel, modification of existing debt, modification of hotel management arrangements, modification of union contracts and admission of new equity.
Mr. Lochiatto is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Boston College Law School
(summa cum laude)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Recognition & Awards
While attending law school, Mr. Lochiatto was a senior editor for the Boston College Law Review.