Elizabeth Low is an associate in Goodwin’s Litigation department. She joins Goodwin after serving as a law clerk to Judge Charles R. Breyer and Magistrate Judge Maria-Elena James, both of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Elizabeth's work includes a range of complex civil litigation matters involving intellectual property litigation, securities, and contract disputes. Recent matters have been focused on prosecuting and defending patent infringement cases and defending claims of misappropriation of trade secrets under federal and state law.
Elizabeth is committed to pro bono matters, including representing an individual in a federal civil rights case, assisting transgender individuals change their names and gender designation on state and federal documents, and assisting individuals renewing DACA applications.
During her time in the Northern District, Elizabeth handled a wide variety of civil cases and legal issues, including a complex, high-profile multidistrict litigation that involved claims brought by consumers, investors, and government entities. She also worked on discovery disputes, brought in patent disputes and consumer class actions regarding the scope of interrogatories, requests for production, and depositions.
Representative matters include:
- Samba TV v. Alphonso Inc. (N.D. Cal.) and Alphonso Inc. v. Samba TV (D. Del.). Currently representing Alphonso in competitor patent infringement disputes on technology relating to digital ad campaigns on TVs and mobile devices. Achieved summary judgment of non-infringement on behalf of Alphonso in N.D. Cal. litigation.
- M.A. Mobile Ltd. v. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (N.D. Cal.). Currently defending IIT in a trade secret misappropriation case. Achieved summary judgment on all claims.
Elizabeth is a member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Elizabeth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles R. Breyer and the Honorable Maria-Elena James, both of the Northern District of California.
The John Marshall Law School
BAFrench and French Studies2009
Bryn Mawr College
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, Honorable Charles R. Breyer
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, Honorable Maria-Elena James
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit