Mulon Luo is a counsel in the firm’s Technology Companies & Life Sciences group. Ms. Luo represents private and public companies in a range of industries including biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostics, healthcare information technology, Internet, and software. She regularly counsels clients on start-up and formation matters, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, SEC reporting and compliance, and other corporate, strategic, and corporate finance matters. She also has experience advising clients in the life sciences sector on technology transactions and commercial contract matters. She joined Goodwin in 2008, and has had the unique opportunity to have practiced in the firm’s Boston, New York and Washington D.C. offices.
Some of Ms. Luo’s representative matters include:
- 5AM Ventures in its investment in a computational genomics company focused on identifying inherited disease risk in future generations and in a digital therapeutics company for enhanced clinical outcomes
- A healthcare venture firm in multiple rounds of investment in an oral healthcare company that develops, acquires and commercializes oral health care technologies
- Action Pharma, a privately owned Danish biotech company, in its $110 million sale to Abbott Laboratories
- Axcella Health, a biotechnology company pioneering first-in-class medicines for serious conditions linked to amino acid imbalances, in multiple financing rounds, including its $42.5 million Series D financing
- Endeca Technologies, a provider of unstructured data management, web commerce and business intelligence solutions, in its sale to Oracle
- ExtendMedia, a provider of software-based content management systems, in its sale to Cisco
- Lycera Corp. in its collaboration and buyout option transaction with Celgene Corporation with a value of up to $105 million
- Moderna Therapeutics, a biotechnology company that researches and develops protein therapies based on mRNA technology, in multiple financing rounds, including its $110 million Series D financing and $500 million Series E financing
- Ra Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage biopharma developing a treatment for PNH, a rare orphan disease, in its $8 million Series A financing and $58.5 million Series B financing
- The underwriters in the $50.9 million initial public offering, and subsequent follow-on offering, of a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of products for treating central nervous system disorders
- The underwriters in the $58 million follow-on offering of an international pharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of ancillary hemodialysis products
Boston University School of Law
- New York
- District of Columbia
While attending law school, Ms. Luo was an editor of the American Journal of Law and Medicine and a drafter and editor of the Legislation Policy and Drafting Clinic.
While working at the National Institutes of Health prior to law school, Ms. Luo was a co-author of “Galanin Transgenic Mice Display Cognitive and Neurochemical Deficits Characteristic of Alzheimer’s Disease,” published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.