Paul Lyons is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group and formerly served as co-chair of the London office. Mr. Lyons focuses primarily on real estate debt finance, where he has significant experience in advising both borrowers and lenders at all levels of the capital stack. He has extensive experience in leveraged finance and his work has included advising banks on debt originations and restructurings as well as real estate and private equity fund clients on both lender and borrower mandates.
Some of Mr. Lyons recent transactional work includes advising on:
- £80 million mezzanine financing of mixed use development in London
- £150 million financing of a residential development site in joint venture with London Square
- £300 million bridge finance facility for a UK retail fund
- £70 million financing of a PRS scheme in Manchester
- Mezzanine facility for a substantial London data-centre and residential development site
- £155 million development financing of a London office building
- In excess of £500 million facilities for the acquisition of a series of European light industrial portfolios
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2013, Mr. Lyons was a partner at Travers Smith in London. Before attending law school, Mr. Lyons was commissioned into the British Army from The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Lyons has been ranked as a leader by major UK legal directories, including Chambers UK, Legal 500 and IFLR1000 for Real Estate Finance. Clients report: “He applies his vast experience to help us navigate technical legal and negotiation points.”