Michele Maney is a partner in Goodwin’s M&A/Corporate Governance and Technology practices, where she represents domestic and non-U.S. companies in M&A transactions in the technology, biotech, internet, financial technology, software, telecommunications, consumer products, industrial products and manufacturing sectors. She regularly advises strategic and institutional investors on structuring, negotiation and implementing cross-border and domestic mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, LBOs and divestitures. She represents corporate clients, including early-stage companies from formation, advising on setting and achieving strategic and operational goals, raising financing and providing commercial and corporate governance advice to Boards of Directors and management.
- Represented Keywords Studios Plc - an international technical services provider to the global video gaming industry - in its $66.4 million acquisition of the outstanding shares of VMC Consulting Corporation and Volt Canada Inc.*
- Represented PlentyOfFish Media, Inc. - a Canadian online dating site, in its $575 million sale to the Match Group, a subsidiary of IAC *
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in a $132 million licensing and purchase option arrangement for pharmaceutical products in multiple jurisdictions*
- Represented a multinational biotech company in its acquisition of the stock of a full service, mass market dietary supplement manufacturer total consideration of approximately $100 million*
- Represented CBL Markets, a provider of access to the global environmental commodity markets, in its acquisition of APX, Inc.’s Environmental Management Account (EMA) Platform for an undisclosed amount*
- Represented CSL Limited, a multinational specialty biotechnology company, in connection with its acquisition of Novartis AG’s global influenza vaccine business for $275 million*
- Represented a global publisher of scientific and medical print and online content in multiple venture-type minority investments – with purchase options – in U.S.-based start-up companies focused on software and other products for the life sciences*
- Represented a UK-based tobacco company in its acquisition of a Colombian cigarette company for an enterprise value of $452 million*
- Represented a leading healthcare and scientific publisher in its $143 million sale of a software solutions provider*
- Represented Fresenius Medical Care North America in connection with its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings Inc. for $2.1 billion*
- Represented a private equity fund in a $150 million leveraged buyout of an extruder company with U.S. and foreign operations*
- Represented global beauty and cosmetic brand in multiple auction processes for potential acquisitions in the personal care sector*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Maney was a partner at Venable LLP in New York. Previously, she was a partner at Baker & McKenzie and before that she was an associate at Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP.
Ms. Maney is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
University of Pennsylvania Law School
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Maney was awarded the Technology of the Year award from the Association for Corporate Growth New York for her role representing PlentyOfFish Media, Inc.