Emma Mann-Meginniss is a partner in Goodwin’s Technology group where her practice focuses on corporate and securities law. Her practice focuses on representing emerging growth companies in general corporate counseling, venture capital financings and mergers and acquisitions. She also represents venture capital funds, growth equity funds and strategic investors in transactions from seed through growth stage.
Ms. Mann-Meginniss joined Goodwin in 2014. She serves as a member of the hiring committee for Goodwin’s San Francisco office.
Ms. Mann-Meginniss represents leading venture capital firms as well as a wide range of technology and life sciences companies in the software/SaaS, hardware, digital media and internet industries. Her representation of companies spans the corporate lifecycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Ms. Mann-Meginniss recently represented client Marqeta in its initial public offering.
- Applied Intuition in its $275 million Series D financing co-led by Coatue Management, Elad Gil, and Addition ($3.6 billion valuation)
- VideoAmp in its Series F financing led by Spruce House ($1.4 billion valuation)
- Airbase in its Series B financing led by Menlo Ventures ($600 million valuation)
- Mercury Technologies in its $120 million Series B financing led by Coatue
- HoneyBook in its $250 million Series E financing led by Tiger Global Management
- HoneyBook in its $155 million Series D financing led by Durable Capital Partners LP
- Kairos Aerospace in its $26 million Series C-1 financing led by DCVC
- Overflow in its $10 million Series A financing, led by R7
- Well Health in its $45 million Series C financing led by Lead Edge Capital
- Marqeta in its $260 million Series E financing led by Coatue Management
- Marqeta in its $150 million Series E-1 Financing
- Slack Technologies in its $200 million Series F financing led by Dragoneer and General Atlantic
- Circle Internet Services in its $56 million Series D financing led by Owl Rock Capital and NextEquity Partners
- Circle Internet Services in its $100 million Series E financing led by IVP and Sapphire Ventures
- Circle Internet Services in its $100 million Series F financing led by Greenspring
- Represents venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Atomico, Amplify, BMW i Ventures, Cervin Ventures, Mayfield, SignalFire, Thayer Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Uncork Capital and Village Global.
- Represented Kixeye in its sale to Stillfront
- Represented Bonsai AI, Inc. in its sale to Microsoft Corporation
- Represented Luxer One in its sale to ASSA Abloy
- Represented Spektral in its sale to Apple
- Represented EVA Automation, Inc. in its acquisition of Bowers & Wilkins, Inc.
- Represented HoneyBook, Inc. in its sale of Wedding Spot, Inc. to Cvent
- Represented investor syndicate in sale of Evident.io, Inc. to Palo Alto Networks
- Represented StrongView Systems in its merger with Selligent
- Represented Fabrily in its sale to Teespring, Inc.
- Represented Circle Internet Services in its acquisition of Distiller.io
- Represented Nexmo, Inc. in its sale to Vonage Holdings corp.
- Represented Wiser Solutions in its acquisition of Mobee
- Represented Wiser Solutions in its acquisition of Wise eCommerce
- Represented Wiser Solutions in its acquisition of ShelvSpace
- Represented an unnamed company in its sale to Softbank
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Mann-Meginniss was an associate in the San Francisco office of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, where she focused on complex intellectual property and securities litigation. While attending law school, Ms. Mann-Meginniss served as an editor of the California Law Review.
University of California, Berkeley
Johns Hopkins University