Jenny Morris is a senior associate in the firm's Complex Litigation and Dispute Resolution group, and a member of the firm’s Products Litigation and Counseling practice.
Jenny’s practice focuses primarily on complex civil litigation for consumer products companies. She represents large corporate clients in products liability and mass tort actions, consolidated actions, arbitrations, multidistrict litigations, class actions, and individual litigation matters in state and federal court.
These matters have involved claims of product liability, commercial and post-closing disputes, false advertising, consumer fraud, unfair competition, and disputes concerning other consumer statutes and regulations, as well as intellectual property litigation. She has also assisted clients in pre-litigation disputes, including responding to and resolving third-party claims alleging violation of laws or relating to post-transaction disputes.
Her practice spans a variety of industries within the consumer products space, including representing companies in the food and beverage, dietary supplement, personal care/cosmetics, construction, children’s toys, and pharmaceutical industries.
Jenny’s also has extensive experience in Goodwin’s Antitrust & Competition practice. She represents clients in antitrust litigations, and also assists clients with obtaining clearance for proposed transactions from the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.
Jenny joined Goodwin in 2017. In 2020, Jenny worked in-house at Wayfair on secondment, where she assisted and advised Wayfair in various confidential consumer product and privacy legal matters.
Jenny’s experience includes pre-suit investigations, discovery, claim construction, motion practice, pretrial proceedings, depositions, trial, and post-trial proceedings across consolidated actions, arbitrations, multidistrict litigation, class actions, and individual cases in state and federal court. Some of her recent engagements include:
- Defended Mattel and Fisher-Price in numerous multi-district consolidated putative class actions alleging false advertising in connection with a baby product
- Represented Teva Pharmaceuticals in antitrust suits challenging prior settlement of Hatch Waxman patent litigation brought by Gilead regarding Teva’s generic versions of certain HIV medications
- Represented Teva Pharmaceuticals in various commercial, products, and antitrust matters, including disputes involving the Lanham Act
- Represented the managing partner of an investment bank in an arbitration covering disputes under the firm’s partnership agreement
- Advised clients in complying with in-depth merger review investigations (Second Requests) before the U.S. antitrust authorities
- Represented Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Lahey Health System, New England Baptist Hospital, Mount Auburn Hospital, and Seacoast Regional Health System in their $5+ billion merger to create Beth Israel Lahey Health. Approvals were required from both the FTC and multiple state-level agencies, including the Office of the Attorney General of Massachusetts. The Boston Globe described this combination as “the most significant health care deal in Massachusetts” in decades
- Assisted and advised Wayfair in various confidential legal matters during a three month secondment
Jenny also maintains a diverse and active pro bono practice, which includes advocacy work in the Court of Veterans Appeals, where she represents Veterans appealing disability benefits decisions. Jenny also volunteers with the Transgender Law Center to provide legal information to LGBTQ+ prisoners, with the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs to represent LGBTQ+ tenants in housing discrimination cases, and through various organizations represents several clients at a variety of stages in Immigration Appeals.
Jenny serves as an Associate Trustee for the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs.
While attending law school, Jenny interned for the Honorable Pamela Gray, Magistrate Judge, D.C. Superior Court, in the child welfare division. Jenny also interned for Legal Services Corporation, conducting research regarding online dispute resolution methods. During her final year of law school, Jenny interned in the corporate legal department at the American Association of Railroads.
Georgetown Law School
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Recognition & Awards
Jenny has received several awards for her commitment to pro bono, from organizations including Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs, and The Veterans Consortium.
Editor, “Employee duty of loyalty Treatise: a state-by-state survey,” 7th ed., Brian M. Malsberger et al. 2017
Editor, “Trade Secrets: a state-by-state survey Treatise,” 7th ed., Brian M. Malsberger, et al. 2018