Ms. Muir is an accomplished litigator with years of experience representing clients in civil litigation in both state and federal court. Her practice includes:
- Representing a real estate investment firm in litigation arising from a complex, real estate development project;
- Representing companies in connection with civil investigative demands issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Department of Justice;
- Representing financial institutions in consumer class actions; and
- Representing mortgage lenders and loan servicers in contested mortgage foreclosure litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Muir worked at another large law firm in New York. At that firm, her practice included representing financial institutions in single-plaintiff and class actions alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, and other consumer protection statutes; representing investment advisors and fund managers in securities litigation; and representing a Venezuelan oil company in complex, commercial litigation.
Villanova University School of Law
University of Michigan
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit