Kira Müller is an associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Capital Markets practice. Kira focuses her banking and finance practice on real estate financing, including acquisition and development financings, as well as residential, commercial, single assets, portfolio, and warehouse financings. She also advises on buy-out financing, asset-backed financing, and associated financial restructuring in these areas. Kira also has experience in representing clients in equity financings and representing international development institutions such as IFC and EBRD.
Kira’s recent representations include:
- Representing a German branch of a European bank in respect of acquisition financing and financing of certain capital expenditures in relation to an office centre in Berlin, Germany (2020)
- NATIXIS Pfandbriefbank AG on a green loan financing for 99 West Tower GmbH to finance the share acquisition by a club of family office investors lead by N A S Invest from BNP Paribas group and the related development of the future BNP Paribas headquarters (BREEAM "Excellent") in Frankfurt/Main, Germany (2019)
- LBBW in respect of a ca EUR 400,000,000 financing of the construction of the building ensemble "Track" as part of the large-scale Europacity development "Quartier Heidestrasse" in the centre of Berlin, Germany (2019)
- A Pfandbrief-bank acting as a bookrunner, mandated lead arranger, original lender, facility agent, and security agent in relation to a secured loan financing relating to the refinancing of acquisition costs incurred with respect to a property located in in Düsseldorf, Germany (2019)
- BentallGreenOak on the acquisition of a logistics portfolio comprising three logistics centers (with the aggregate warehouse area of over 300,000 sq m) in North Rhine-Westphalia, Bavaria and Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, by way of a share deal completed through a joint venture with an international investor and the related acquisition financing (2019)
- CORESTATE Capital Group on the acquisition of Tempelhof Twins in Berlin, a first-class value-added office property with a total investment volume of around €86 million. The transaction is structured as a joint venture between Metropolitan Real Estate, the global real estate multi-manager arm of the Carlyle Group, and a fund of the Bluerock Group (2019)
- One of the leading German commercial banks in relation to the amendments to the facility documentation to extend additional development and capex facilities for an office and commercial complex in Munich, Germany (2019)
- HSH Nordbank AG on the financing of the acquisition of the shopping mall "Allee Center" in Leipzig, Germany, by a special purpose vehicle controlled by EQT Partners from Investa Real Estate (2018)
- A real estate investment management and advisory firm in connection with a EUR 16.9 million financing of the acquisition of a real estate property located in Dortmund (2018)
- GTT Communications on its acquisition of Interoute for approximately €1.9 billion including GTT's refinancing (2018)
- A group of banks from one of the major Russian state-owned banks (including its European subsidiaries) in respect of the portfolio of loans relating to financing of class A business centers located in Moscow and financing of the acquisition of the premium hotel in Moscow with the total exposure exceeding USD 600 million*
- Major international developer in respect of the secured financing of its various assets in Russia (including a class A office building in Moscow, construction of a warehouse complex in the Moscow region and a premium outlet village in Moscow) and in connection with its acquisition of new assets and assumption of the existing debt*
- One of the major Russian state-owned banks in respect of the ca. USD 1.6 billion override agreement restructuring a pool of existing secured loans extended to one of the leading oil and gas construction service providers in the Central and Western Asia and Russia. The transaction included multiple jurisdictions such as Austria, the Netherlands, Cyprus, Jersey, Russian Federation, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, and Iraq*
- One of the major Russian state-owned banks in respect of multiple secured loans extended to one of the leading oil and gas construction service providers in the Central Asia and Russia. The transaction included multiple jurisdictions such as Singapore, Cyprus, Jersey and Uzbekistan*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Müller has more than 10 years of experience as a banking and finance lawyer with particular focus on real estate finance. Ms. Müller joined the firm from the Moscow office of Baker Botts L.L.P. where she was a senior associate in the banking and finance team responsible for the Russian law and, under supervision of the UK-based partners, English law matters. Prior to Baker Botts Ms. Müller also worked at the Moscow office of Clifford Chance.
Kira has more than 10 years of experience as a banking and finance lawyer with particular focus on real estate finance. Kira joined the firm from the Moscow office of Baker Botts L.L.P. where she was a senior associate in the banking and finance team responsible for the Russian law and, under supervision of the UK-based partners, English law matters. Prior to Baker Botts, Kira also worked at the Moscow office of Clifford Chance.
Specialist in Jurisprudence2008
Pomor State University, Arkhangelsk, Russia
- Russian Federation
Recognition & Awards
Kira is recognised as an "Associate to Watch" by Chambers Europe, Banking and Finance for Russia in 2016-2018.