Suzanne Nguyen is an associate in Goodwin’s Life Sciences group, providing strategic intellectual property advice in the life sciences areas, working primarily on diligence, transactions, and patent prosecution issues. Dr. Nguyen has been working in the field of intellectual property since 2007, beginning her career as a scientific advisor and then as a patent agent at another law firm. Dr. Nguyen also has previous in-house experience at a medical device company.
- Assisted in conducting diligence on intellectual property acquisitions by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Managed patent prosecution on behalf of biotechnology companies, universities and pharmaceutical companies.*
- Assisted biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in Initial Public Offerings.
- Assisted in successfully defending pharmaceutical company in Inter Partes Review proceeding.*
- Assisted in European oppositions to third party patents.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Dr. Nguyen previously served as an in-house patent advisor for Molnlycke Health Care AB in Gothenburg, Sweden, where she was primarily responsible for diagnostics and negative pressure wound treatment business areas. In this role, Dr. Nguyen worked on cross-border transactions and managed relationships with universities and industry partners. Dr. Nguyen also collaborated closely with business development, research and development, and regulatory teams at Molnlycke on product development and launch projects.
During her academic career, Dr. Nguyen studied the role of a DNA-modifying enzyme in nervous system development. Dr. Nguyen has also conducted research projects in the fields of immunology, cancer, and developmental biology, using genetic engineering and molecular biology techniques.
Boston University School of Law
Doctor of PhilosophyMolecular Biology2007
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
California Institute of Technology
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- “Managing US Patent Prosecution from Abroad,” Presenter, Global Patent Congress, September 2014, Copenhagen.
- “Developments in US Patent Law,” Presenter, Nordic Intellectual Property Rights Conference, March 2014, Stockholm.
- “What Young Inventors Need to Know about Patents,” Author, Imagine Magazine (published by Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth), February 2014.
- “Ablation of de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a in the nervous system leads to neuromuscular defects and shortened lifespan,” First Author, Developmental Dynamics, June 2007.
- “Suppression of Intestinal Neoplasia by Deletion of Dnmt3b,” Co-first Author, Molecular and Cell Biology, 26(8): 2976-2983; April 2006.
- “Developmental Biology: A Field in Depth,” Author, Imagine Magazine, December 2002.
- “A Critical Role for Dnmt1 and DNA Methylation in T Cell Development, Function, and Survival,” Co-author, Immunity, 157(5): 763-774; November 2001.
- “Requirement of Shp-2 Tyrosine Phosphatase in Lymphoid and Hematopoietic Cell Development,” Co-author, Blood, 97(4): 911-914; February 2001.
- “Promoter Element for Transcription of Unrearranged T-Cell Receptor Beta-Chain Gene in Pro-T Cells,” Co-author, Blood, 93(9): 3017-3025; May 1999.