Patrick O’Brien is an associate in the Business Law department and Life Sciences group at Goodwin. He represents public and private companies in the life sciences industry. His deal experience encompasses financing rounds, public offerings, and M&A. Patrick also advises companies in a broad range of corporate transactions. He started at the firm in 2021.
Public Company Mergers & Acquisitions
- Forma Therapeutics in its $1.1 billion sale to Novo Nordisk
- Checkmate Pharmaceuticals in its $250 million sale to Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Public Company Financings
- Akero Therapeutics in connection with its $230.0 million follow-on public offering
Private Company Financings
- SonoThera in its $60.75 Million Series A financing
- Oak Hill Bio in its formation, financing and acquisition of three programs from Takeda
Patrick worked as a television news producer for six year before law school. While in law school, he interned for the Hon. Timothy S. Hillman in the District of Massachusetts. Patrick was also active in law school clinics, working in two entrepreneurship clinics. Patrick also interned at the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Patrick was an associate in the Boston office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.