Jesse O’Connell is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Private Equity group.
Mr. O’Connell’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and growth equity transactions. He represents private equity funds, financial institutions, and public and private companies in a range of corporate law transaction matters, with an emphasis on acquisitions and strategic sales in the middle market.
Mr. O’Connell has experience across a wide range of industries including: entertainment, food and beverage, fashion, technology and software, energy and health care.Active in pro bono projects, Mr. O’Connell has also taken a substantial role in the review of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) legislation and has provided invaluable advice to clients as well as small businesses throughout the community.
Mr. O’Connell’s representative matters include:
- Represented a private equity platform company in its bolt-on acquisition of an Amazon based channel management and marketing provider.
- Represented a family-owned business in its disposition of its pool products and chemical business for $100 million.
- Represented a private company in its disposition of its heart artery graft business for $150 million.
- Represented a private company in multiple sales of energy fuel-cell development and storage projects throughout the US.
- Represented a private equity platform company in its acquisition of multiple medical practices throughout the US.
- Represented a private equity firm’s impact fund in its acquisition of a drone company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its disposition of two portfolio companies operating in the movie theater industry for $150 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a geo-locating services company for $250 million.
- Represented a private investment firm in its acquisition of a California-based fashion company.
Areas of Practice
Mr. O’Connell began his career as a corporate associate at Ropes & Gray LLP, in its New York office. Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. O’Connell was an associate in the Transactions & Advisory Group of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, in its New York office.
While attending law school, Mr. O’Connell was an articles editor of the Brooklyn Law Review.
Brooklyn Law School
(magna cum laude)
- New York