Chi Pan is a partner in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Private Equity group. Ms. Pan joined Goodwin in 2016.
Ms. Pan focuses on cross border transactions for private equity firms and portfolio companies and has extensive experience in M&A (leveraged buyouts, stock and asset sales and joint ventures), early and late stage venture capital and growth equity investments. Her transactional work spans several industries, including life sciences, technology, healthcare, financial services and manufacturing.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Pan was in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in New York.
In addition to English, Ms. Pan is a native Mandarin Chinese speaker and a published Chinese author.
Ms. Pan’s experience includes representation of:
- PTK Acquisition Corp. in its $1.1 billion business combination with Valens Semiconductor.
- FountainVest Partners in connection with its acquisition of China-based logistics enterprise CJ Rokin Logistics and Supply Chain.
- SpeedCast (ASX:SDA) in its $135 million acquisition of Globecomm, a leading provider of remote communications and multi-network infrastructure in over 100 countries.
- Mecaplast Group, a portfolio company of Equistone Partners Europe, in its acquisition of Key Plastics Corporation, a maker of automotive components.
- AlphaCredit in its acquisition of Grupo Finmart, a provider of Mexican payroll loans, from EZCORP (NASDAQ: EZPW).
- Insight Venture Partners in the sale of its portfolio company Privalia, a European and Latin American online retailer, to Ventee-Privee.
- Webster Capital and its affiliates in a number of acquisitions, including the acquisition by its portfolio company PharmaLogic, a radiopharmaceutical and Mobile PET/CT operations company, of IsoLogic.
- Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of PartsSource, a leading provider of medical parts and supplies procurement solutions for hospitals, outpatient clinics and physician offices.
- Matrix Medical Network in its acquisition of HealthFair, a leading provider of health assessment and diagnostic testing.
- Ernest Health, a provider of rehabilitation or long-term acute care facilities, in its sale to One Equity Partners and Vibra Healthcare.
- MTS Health Investors in the sale of its portfolio company HealthHelp Holdings, a radiology benefit management company, to WNS (Holdings) Limited.
- Primus Capital Partners in its major growth investment in BizLibrary, an online learning solutions provider, and the sale of its portfolio company CardinalCommerce, a mobile commerce and payment solutions company, to Visa (NYSE: V).
- automotiveMastermind in its $430 million sale to IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO).
- Logicworks, a cloud managed services company, in connection with its sale to Pamplona Capital Management.
- Ipreo in connection with its China joint venture with Hundsun Technologies.
PIPES, Growth Equity and Other Investments
- TA Associates in its strategic growth investment in Accion Labs, a digital-focused software product engineering company specializing in emerging technologies.
- FountainVest Partners in its investment in 360 Finance (NASDAQ: QFIN), a leading digital consumer finance platform, and in Maoyan Entertainment (HKEX: 1896), a leading platform providing innovative internet empowered entertainment services.
- Hillhouse Capital and affiliates in more than 50 matters. Certain publicly disclosed matters include investments in Antiva Biosciences, Arcus Biosciences (NYSE: RCUS), Beam Therapeutics (NASDAQ: BEAM), Gossamer Bio (NASDAQ: GOSS), Hippo Analytics, Huya (NYSE: HUYA), I-Mab (NASDAQ: IMAB), Oatly (NASDAQ: OTLY), Omniome, Solid Gold, Stone Brewing, Trumid and Vets First Choice.
- DST Global and affiliates in more than 20 matters. Certain publicly disclosed matters include investments in Brex, DoorDash, Kuaishou and StockX.
- Lead Edge Capital in a number of matters. Certain publicly disclosed matters include its investment in Arrive Logistics and its sale of ClearScore.
- Palm Drive Capital in a number of matters. Certain publicly disclosed matters include its investment in BigOne Lab.
Yale Law School
National Taiwan University
- New York
- Hong Kong SAR
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Pan has been listed in IFLR1000 (33rd edition) as a rising star partner for M&A and private equity. Ms. Pan has also been named a Rising Star 2023 by China Business Law Journal.
The Nielsen IPO on which Ms. Pan worked was awarded the IFLR Equity Deal of the Year in 2012.
While attending Yale Law School, Ms. Pan was awarded the Chubb Competition Prize for excellence in legal draftsmanship.