Brian Raynor is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group. Brian focuses his practice on advising private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, entrepreneurs, and other corporate clients in a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, minority and growth equity investments and joint ventures, as well as general corporate matters. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2017, Brian was an associate at Kirkland & Ellis.
Brian’s practice covers a broad spectrum of industries, with a particular emphasis on technology, software, manufacturing and healthcare.
Brian‘s recent work has included advising:
- A private equity fund in a joint acquisition bid together with a European private equity fund for a cross-border take private transaction of a media, social and consumer intelligence provider
- A private equity fund in the simultaneous acquisition and combination of two companies in the market data and electronic trading execution industries
- A private equity fund in an acquisition of a medical billing automation software provider
- A private equity fund in an acquisition of a digital loyalty services business
- A private equity fund in an add-on acquisition of a digital consumer engagement platform
- A private equity fund in a sale of a workforce management platform
- A private equity fund in a sale of a drivetrain remanufacturing company
- A private equity fund in an acquisition of a life sciences industry manufacturing company
- A private equity fund in an acquisition of a direct marketing company oriented to senior citizens
- A growth equity fund and its portfolio companies in numerous growth stage financings and sales of the companies to public and private buyers
- A private equity fund in its sale of a child care management software provider to another private equity firm
- A French digital services and software engineering access company in its sale to a NYSE listed buyer
- A founder in the sale of a fiber optic and copper cable company to a publicly-traded buyer
- Founders and management in the sale of a branding and narrative design business to a publicly-traded company
University of San Francisco School of Law
Long Island University
Brian was recognized as One to Watch by Best Lawyers in 2023 and 2024.
- Contributor, “Dealmaking In A Pandemic,” Corporate Board Member Magazine, January 2021
- Co-Author, “What M&A Dealmakers Can Expect in Light of COVID-19,” Law360, March 2020