Charlie Robinson is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Real Estate Capital Industry practice and Hospitality & Leisure practice. Mr. Robinson advises UK and overseas clients on all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, property management and development. He joined Goodwin in 2015.
Mr. Robinson’s recent matters include representing:
- Medical Properties Trust, on the acquisition of a corporate structure which ultimately owns a portfolio of 30 acute care hospital facilities, valued at approximately £1.5 billion. Goodwin London also advised on the lease arrangements to BMI Healthcare, the largest private operator of acute hospitals in the U.K. (in a related transaction, affiliates of Circle Health are proposed to acquire BMI Healthcare, and assume operations of its facilities in the U.K.).
- The Baupost Group, L.L.C. in a joint venture with Stanhope plc for the phased acquisition and redevelopment of a 5.4 acre site opposite St Thomas’ Hospital (near Waterloo Station) in Central London.
- DWS on the £240 million acquisition and forward funding of the new headquarters of Cancer Research UK and the British Council in Stratford, east London and ongoing lettings and management matters.
- Q-Park, one of Europe's leading parking service providers, on a sale and leaseback of a portfolio of 13 assets to a variety of purchasers over a period of 12 months.
- DWS on the £370 million acquisition and forward funding of the new Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) headquarters building in Stratford, east London together with ongoing management matters.
- Global hotel management companies on development, management and operational matters in relation to new hospitality projects in locations including Dubai, Italy, and Spain.
- Medical Properties Trust on the acquisition and development funding of a new Circle operated hospital in Birmingham.
- A UK holiday parks owner/operator on the ground rent sale and leaseback of a portfolio of holiday parks.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Robinson was an associate at Allen & Overy, having trained at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.
Legal Practice Course2011
BPP Law School
Bachelor of Laws2009
The University of Exeter
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales