Hilarie Bellis Sexton is an associate in the firm’s Business Law department and tech group specializing in emerging companies and venture capital. Hilarie advises her clients on formations, general corporate matters, and venture capital financings as well as their eventual exits, whether through an acquisition or public offering. She also represents various venture funds in their investments from seed to growth stage including secondary transactions, follow-on investments and exit opportunities.
Hilarie joined Goodwin in 2019. She is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
Hilarie’s practice focuses on advising emerging growth companies at every stage of their corporate lifecycle, including formation, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, and exit opportunities, as well as representing venture funds on their investments from the pre-seed to growth stage.
Hilarie’s representative experience includes advising:
- Deliverr on general corporate matters, venture financings and acquisition by Shopify
- Poshmark on its initial public offering
- Powered Brands on its SPAC offering
- Honest Day’s Work on its merger with Latch
- Who What Wear on general corporate maters and acquisition by Future Publishing
Berkeley School of Law
University of Southern California