Michelle Shea is a senior attorney in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of the Real Estate Industry group with a focus on commercial leasing and transactional work, representing landlords, tenants, investors and developers of real estate. Michelle joined Goodwin in 2016.
Michelle is involved in Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative, which is focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across the practice areas.
Michelle is also involved in Goodwin’s PropSci practice, which focuses on the intersection of Real Estate and Life Sciences.
Recent leasing transactions include representation of landlords of major office buildings, as well as suburban office and industrial parks, and representation of various tenants, including corporate and institutional tenants, biotech companies and non-profits in locations including Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Georgia, North Carolina, Colorado, and Tennessee. Michelle’s recent transactions include representing:
- A landlord in the leasing of a portfolio of multiple buildings in the greater Denver, Colorado; Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; and Nashville, Tennessee markets, totaling approximately 2,800,000 rentable square feet of office and industrial space, with tenants ranging from 400 square feet to over 45,000 square feet
- A landlord in the leasing of multiple office buildings in Santa Monica and San Diego, California, including ground-floor retail
- A client in connection with a ground lease option agreement for the redevelopment of a mixed-use campus located in the Bay Area
- Various biotech companies in connection with leases, licenses and other forms of occupancy agreements in Greater Boston and the Bay Area
- A client in connection with an option agreement for the leasing of multiple biomanufacturing sites in the Greater Boston Area
- A landlord in the leasing of space for a brewery/taproom in Boston
- A tenant in connection with its leasing of space for use as an outdoor movie theater in Florida
Prior to joining Goodwin, Michelle served as in-house counsel at QuickSilva Title, LLC.
New England School of Law