Patty Shields is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Technology and Life Sciences group. Ms. Shields concentrates on corporate and securities law, including capital markets transactions and public company representation, intellectual property transactions, including licensing and other commercial transactions, and compliance with sweepstakes and other promotional laws. Ms. Shields joined Goodwin in 2019.
Ms. Shields’ experience includes, among others, representation of:
- The initial purchasers in Sarepta Therapeutics’ $1.15 billion convertible debt offering;
- Wayfair in its $690 million convertible debt offering;
- The underwriters in Bionomics’ $23 million initial public offering;
- Toast in its $1 billion initial public offering;
- The underwriters in the $360 million initial public offering of Blend Labs;
- COMPASS Pathways in its $147 million initial public offering and $144 million public follow-on offering;
- The underwriters in the $127 million initial public offering of Finch Therapeutics;
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals in its $299 million public follow-on offering;
- The underwriters in the $70 million initial public offering of SQZ Biotechnologies Company;
- The initial purchasers in K12’s $420 million convertible debt offering;
- The underwriters in 2U’s $300 million public follow-on offering;
- The underwriters in the $181 million initial public offering of Taysha Gene Therapies;
- Phreesia in its $245 million and $174 million follow-on offerings;
- Dynatrace in its public secondary follow-on offerings;
- Moderna in its $575 million and $1.3 billion public follow-on offerings; and
- The initial purchasers in 2U’s $330 million convertible debt offering.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Shields was a law clerk at Goodwin with the IPTS group during the 2018-2019 school year and a summer associate in 2018. During the summer of 2017, Ms. Shields was a legal intern for Point72, LP in Stamford, Connecticut.
JDCertificate in Intellectual Property2019
University of Connecticut School of Law
Recognition & Awards
While in law school, Ms. Shields was an Articles Editor for the Connecticut Law Review. Ms. Shields was also awarded the CALI Excellence Award for class performance in Criminal Law.